Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Third time is a charm ! Thanks for Flex support.

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
A new 6600 to replace the previous 6600m's that I had issues with arrived yesterday. 

It is working flawlessly and I could not be happier with it. I was a little shocked as I took it out of the box when I saw the the silver accents on the front panel. I noticed this in the pictures on the Flex site but thought they were reflections. Never the less, it looks great.

Want to give a shout out to everyone involved in getting me taken care of including Matt, Dudley, Tim and Katie.You guys are the best and just one of the reasons I cant seem to look at other brands of transceivers.

Thank you !

Rich
kd0zv

Comments

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @Rich. right now at this very moment and often, I push the button to change the filter and it will not cycle past 1.0 in cw no matter how often I click it. the problem alternates from b to a slice. one will work and one will not. I wonder if that is what you saw or had?  curious?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

My issue was that it would pop up the menu to adjust the filter instead of just toggling between the presets. 

I assume you have several presets selected in your menu for it to change?

Have you tried doing the knob adjustment as others have? 

Rich

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I am using the preset's and  I get the pop up menu to adjust the filter instead of just toggling between the presets as you did. My issue is not consistent though. sometimes they work and sometimes they don't! And then the presets get stuck and will not cycle! Guess I should give a help desk note and see what they say about that. Thanks for that info.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Yes, mine worked on occasion but more often than not it didn't.  If you are getting the menu I am betting your radio will have to go back Reggie.

Rich

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I just ran a test and in ssb mode the A slice gets the menu once in awhile but I can cycle through the presets. But, on the B slice in cw, it will sometime show the menu and also the presets do not cycle at all. will rotate to 1.o and just hang until I change modes. so will do a help desk note in the morning

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Why did you not get a 6600M replacement for your 6600M?

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

John, there are a couple reasons. The main reason is I was frustrated after receiving two radios in a row with four problems (2 problems /radio).

There are also several things I really hate about the M radios and I am doubting that Flex will do anything about it in the near future.

So I chose to go back to something that I know Flex does really well.

I am perfectly happy with the 6600 and Flex was more than helpful when it came to either fixing the M or downgrading me.

Yea, I am disappointed but its fine.

Rich

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    TU for the explanation.  I personally think the 6400/6600 non-M and a Maestro is a better option that gives more flexibility for about the same total cost.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.