Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Thinking of buying a Flex 6400M

Answers

• Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited June 2020
    Well guys, I took all three tests tonight, and got my General! I didn't pass the Extra, as I haven't studied that one as much. I'll be trying again in October and hopefully I'll get it then. Now it's time to get antennas up.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congratulations, Eric, and welcome to the world of amateur radio!
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Ted! I'm happy that all the hard work over the last three weeks paid off!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congratulations! Well done. Now get that radio ordered and start reading the manuals! Ha ha. Good luck! Ken - NM9P
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Lol Eric don’t Read Manuals **** like Me /just come back On Here and ask lots questions like me lol gives these guys a reason to post answers lol Have nice weekend all Great news you passed Eric
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Ken! Like Meatloaf said, "two outta three ain't bad"! And I have been reading the manuals, and I'm saving up for the 6400.
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Gotta keep the forum interesting, right Joe? ;)
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes Eric with 5 woman. every man up here in Bethel AK Who has time read manuals ???
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    FIVE??? I can barely handle ONE!!
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    80% pop are woman this village went from 2300 in 2003 to 7300 2019 it’s hub in area for all Eskimo villages New schools most teachers are woman / new hospital=Nurses Etc -woman up here work local men hunt and fish 365 days year -Bethel AK holds world record for Cabs per population in USA/World - woman own cab companies here -5 dollars any place town for Cab ride 5 miles dirt road - 2 Ham Operators here that all -
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Sounds interesting, I don't think my wife would want us to move there!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Congrats! You can check the FCC website for your license. If the VE files electronically the license is issued pretty quick. To search for your record: Go to http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls. Click the Licenses button. You will then get the search form. In the drop down box, choose to search “By Name“, then type in your last name, or your last name and first name separated by a comma. (Use your legal name as you entered it on your application.) If you get a match, you will see your name along with your callsign. Once you know your call you can start operating. Dave wo2x
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Nothing yet Dave, I just checked. I'll let y'all know when it shows up and update my username with my call sign.
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Michael, the story is the same in all hobbies, sadly.
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congratulations Eric!! Now you need the 6400/M radio. Let us know your call when you get it. Gene, K1GD
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Usually takes about a week, sometimes less, but at least a couple days minimum.
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not expecting it to be quick, they said it may come tonight, or by Monday. Either way, I'm very happy right now!
  • James Charlton
    James Charlton Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congratulations!  Welcome to the hamisphere!
    Jim  AD0AB
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks James!
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited June 2020
    Well, got my call sign, so I updated my name here. Feels pretty good!
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

Congratulations Eric, You are going to love your 6400M!

Welcome to the hobby.
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks John! I'm still up in the air on exactly what I should buy, so many great options out there it boggles the mind.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

If you like State OF the Art Tech you will love Flex!

The 6400M is great if you would like to use without a PC but if you will be using a PC exclusively then just a 6400 would be fine as well.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Good news Eric
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congratulations! This is a major accomplishment!
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Great going!  
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks guys!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congratulations, Eric. Welcome to the Amateur Radio world!
  • Eric-K0ELB
    Eric-K0ELB Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank you Ken!
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congratulations, Eric! Hope to work you from "over here" in the future, Well done

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.