Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The S-meter for SmartSDR is available.

Beppe IK3VIG
Beppe IK3VIG Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, The classic S-meter for your FLEX-6000 is ready and available for download. It works on "A" slice receiver only. Simple instruction file is included in the zip. Download available from these pages: http://www.woodboxradio.com/freeware.html http://www.woodboxradio.com/flex6000.html 73 Beppe ik3vig woodboxradio

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Beppe, a nice toy, to improve: 1. check box - stay on top (over all other apps screen) 2. connection to the SSDR directly via LAN or set higher speed via CAT (make no sense for SSDR CAT)
  • Gary Robertson - KY5R
    Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have always found Beppe's Bobsmeters to be extremely useful and his S-Meter for SmartSDR continues the tradition. I especially like the Hold button so that you can easily see the peak S-Meter reading for a particular QSO. All that, and it is FREE!!
  • K4EAR
    K4EAR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Maybe larger numerals on the S-Meter and shrink the area below the S-Meter window to accommodate it.. The sticky pointer in red with adjustable hang is wonderful. Thanks Beppe!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, larger numbers would help my aging eyes. Other than that, This is wonderful! Thanks, Beppe!
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    does not work with my setup.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I made a dedicated port via SmartCat. Mine happens to be Comm 5-15. I went tothe meter setup and entered Comm 5. Hit the start button and nothing. Nice meter, if I could get it to work.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The first port I tried didn't work either. Then I noticed the little comment in the setup screen that said "port not available." That is all the warning I god, just a little note, nothing in red or anything, no beeps, etc. Then I changed to a different port that was open and it works fine.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Nice job, looks great. Is there any chance of talking to the radio via ethernet and skip the SmartCAT???
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    I experienced the same thing, however, at first it said all was ok and then I checked the setup screen again when I couldn't start the meter and it showed "port not available". Changed ports and came up without an issue.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thank you. The new meter is working well and seems to be matching the S-Meter reading of the Flex-6700.
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited November 2013
    Sergey, - the app stay on the top of all by default. - TCP instead CAT when API for SmartSDR will be available. Beppe
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited November 2013
    ok, I will try big numbers
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited November 2013
    Ernest, thank you for comments, yes the S-Meter match the bar indicator on slice, only a slight delay between the two meters. Beppe
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi........when FlexLIB will be available......the S-meter will become a TCP client, Beppe
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Very good.
  • Alan ---  N5MSE
    Alan --- N5MSE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Beppe: Thanks for the great S-Meter. It looks and works really well on the 6500. 73, Alan N5MSE
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Beppe, meter still not working. Here's my setup in Win8.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    You need to setup a dedicated port - one that works between a device and 6x00 radio, if you didn't already. I also found the first port didn't work but when I created a second port and used that, it worked.
  • Gary Robertson - KY5R
    Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Bob, are you using DDUtil version 3.0.4.14 in conjunction with SmartCAT? If you are using this latest version of DDUtil, try the following procedure, if you haven't done so already. First of all, change your COM5 port in SmartCAT to a "shared" port rather that dedicated. In DDUtil version 3 Setup, in the features box, make sure that the Signature radio is checked and that Port 4 is indicated - this assumes that SmartCAT selected COM4 as the port to connect to 3rd party programs. In DDUtil Setup, in the Ports box, set RCP1 to COM15 (the other end of your COM5) in the CAT port box. Shutdown DDUtil and re-start it before you start SmartSDR. See if the S-Meter for SmartSDR will now work on COM5. I have my system setup as described above and the S-Meter for SmartSDR works great! Hope this is helpful.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    If he is using DDUtil and connecting to DDUtil instead of directly to the radio, I agree, however, if not then he needs to use a dedicated port.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    How will the call sign and locator be used?
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited November 2013
    only for personal information abt the operator. This is "vanity" tab
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Beppe: Thanks for the great S-Meter. It looks and works really well on the 6500. 73's Bill W4EY
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I was digging thru the CatLogs.txt file. I'm getting errors througout, maybe this is my problem. I'm sending along a picture of the latest log file.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new problem topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Errors in CAT log
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    I have no vanity that is why I put my call sign and locator in the information tab!
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    The meter installed and works but the graphic is not correct on my system. My display is set to 1920 x 1080
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited November 2013
    mumble mumble.......are you using a non standard Windows font size ? If yes.....set it to 100% 73 Beppe ik3vig
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I am using 125% as required to enable reading on a 22" display at this resolution. Everything else works fine including SmartSDR. I will check back in the future to see if you can adjust for other font sizes. I would have found this handy so thanks for the effort. 73, Don AI6RE
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Yes, that is how to run it. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.