Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The best way to start 2014

Ali  9K2WA
Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I received my Flex-6700 on the first week of October 2013, I have been enjoying it ever since, with every update my confidence, admiration and excitement has never stopped. Now that I have installed SSDR beta 1.0.24 with DAX, and finally got HRD to work over the new year's holiday, I can say SSB and Digi modes operations will never be the same again, the Audio quality of the Digital Audio Exchange defines excellence. Thank you folks for a job well done, Keep up with the excellent efforts.

Comments

• W0QKL
    W0QKL Member
    edited January 2014
    Ali How did you get HDR's digital master to transmit, it receives OK but I can not get it to transmit, it looks like it's working on the waterfall, but the Flexradio is not activated, I have tried every option in the PTT option panel of Digital Master. Thanks, W0QKL
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    W0QKL I have been running HRD 6.1 and DM780 with my 6500 using DAX. Previously without DAX I used the navigator interface through the FLEX ACC. HRD DM780 is configured in the Soundcard tab for DAX Audio TX1 and DAX Audio RX1 to Transmit or Receive. Also, DM780 is looking for the FLEX PTT line configured in the DM780 PTT Tab and configured in CAT. This Com port will key the FLEX. My DM780 is configured for Com 7 in the PTT tab. Com 7 is predefined in FLEX CAT as PTT with RTS. Open the CAT window to verify the Com port settings. 73's W4EY
  • W0QKL
    W0QKL Member
    edited January 2014
    W4EY Thanks got it going, I overlooked the PTT in the Cat program, thanks for jogging what little gray matter I have left. W0QKL
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Here are the steps for having HRD/DM780 working with DAX: 1. reboot your system and Start SSDR, SmartCAT. 2. Remove any VAC programs that are running like DDutil etc. you dont need them. 3. In my case I had to Exit DAX from the try if it was running. (I created a shortcut icon on my desktop) 4. Create a SmartCAT virtual com port with DTR/RTS activated. 5. Start DAX 6. Start HRD, and make sure that HRD does not auto start any program other than DM780. You can start LogBook later you will need it for DM780 afterwards to update your logbook from its RX screen by right clicking on the QSO contact call sign, and/or other missing info on other fields. 7. From DM780 Tools -> Program options select PTT then chose the PTT COM port you have created In SmartCAT. Last night while I was waiting during a tremendous heavy pileup for 1A0KM to listen to stations outside Europ working split on 40 meters, I was also chasing DX on a second Slice for DAX, All what I had to do is change TX to 1A0KM listening frequency on the SSB slice. Its a good way to start a simple yet very efficient wireless SOR operation. Note : I did not use the Flex ACC, nor any physical I/O audio cables, it is absolutely TCP/IP through the Ethernet connection. That's all folks, enjoy. Ali Alwazzan - 9K2WA - Kuwait
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Many thanks to Ali and W4EY! I ran into the same issue and finally created a com PTT port in Smart CAT as you advised and we're transmitting with PTT now. What threw me off was that in the HRD main window (radio control) the "TX" button keys the 6500 - so I was trying to figure out why DM780 did not send a PTT signal through to HRD and then to the 6500 (still a mistry). Now if I can only figure out why receive PSK text is not clearly printing, I'll be good to go. Community post >> http://gsfn.us/t/4ef5s
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thank you Bill for the CW QSO on 20 this morning... I heard you mention you had a Flex radio and intrigued me to check who it was... LOL 73 and I LoTW you also ..
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Ernest: It was fun to CW QSO between two FLEX users. The internal FLEX keyer takes getting use to when running CW Contest. Wish FLEX would move the CW Macros up their software development list. I input to LOTW at the end of the Months. 73's and Have a Blessed Day. Bill W4EY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.