Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

the wife

Tony Hateley
Tony Hateley Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
the wife has told me I must chose between her and my flex,i will be sad to see her go lol

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Congratulations...I am on my 4th wife...3000, 5000, 6500...contemplating a 6700.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    get 2 lol
  • I0JBL - Luc
    I0JBL - Luc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Me too on 4th,
    any news about **** capabilities on SSDR 2.0?
    ;-)
    Luciano
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    well it turns me on lol
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    If it's "cracked up" as they say, better than!
  • K4SC
    K4SC Member
    edited June 2018
    Without the expense of the wife, you can get the 6700 or a second one if you are already there!
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    ( couldn't resist..)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRrKaq0IyY
     73, w5xz, dan

• Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    just great lol showed the wife shes not happy
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Confucius say "Bary nice to have wife..... but now she gone you bedda off"

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    One problem with flex Radio. It's **** marriages!.....
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    When my Yaesu Quadra display died, I lived without the display. (You could just read it if you squinted)
    But when the Power Supply died last week, I mentioned it to the xyl. "It's amost 20 years old, get something better."
    I considered an Alpha, but ...... sent the Quadra for a Rest & Rehab trip to Ca for repairs.
    She was concerned it might fail again...and said I should have bought the Alpha.

She's a keeper, going on 50 years.
    And sorry guys, she doesn't have a sister.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

You must treat your wife well as she returns her love showing concern. Few women realize how important our ham radio hobby is to us. You are, indeed, blessed.

JIm

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    XYL Story

My new XYL (40 years ago) moved into my city rowhouse which already had a 100' tower on its 3rd story roof (guyed to 3 neighbor's roofs) so she always assumed that Ham Radio was part of the package deal.  So she never commented on my hobby or the antenna farms on all our various houses... except to demand that I wear headphones [I still do] so she did not have to hear it...

When we moved to our latest house in La Jolla, CA, I got a permit for an 85' tower near the front entrance of our house- she again said nothing....

When the neighbors complained to the City about my LEGAL tower she offered to meet with them to try to mitigate the situation.  They had read in the local papers that I had helped out during Katrina and complained to her that I did not need such a large tower and antenna (SteppIR MonstIR) because

QUOTE "He should not be allowed to save the life of anyone outside of La Jolla" 

She immediately got up and left the meeting with the neighbors..

She came home... and said to me

QUOTE:  "Howard. Call your lawyers

... I don't care how much it costs but those **** can't be allowed to win"

Needless to say she is a keeper...
  • Raf
    Raf Member
    edited October 2016
    I explained to my wife how important HAM Radio is, not just a hobby but for emergency purposes, gave her a bit of history on it with a few fake love stories mixed in.... Titanic etc.

Got some HAM study books for her, helped her study and she got her Basic with Honors certificate, which allows her to operate on any band anytime.

Only problem now I can't buy the expensive radios and razzle dazzle her about the bells and whistles like I do with my airplane stuff. Happy that she is a HAM and appreciates the hobby, oh yea and me ;o)

She is a keeper too unless she starts to burn some tubes, **** some fuses and starts acting up.....will be time for an upgrade LOL.

Just to be fair and to keep her happy, I support her with her hobbies too.

Many of you might have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7kirdtdI1c

And another funny one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCfUm21BsI&list=PLRlX3XciLKjUuvJNKyrnKzoi9bSGFN01w

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    My XYL knows how cranky I get when my computers or radios don't work she BEGS me to fix them - money (almost) no object.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I am married but I am also an off road enthusiast and a ham radio operator.  Why?  Because when the Flex gets noisy and annoying there's the audio mute icon.  And Jeeps don't mind when you look at other Jeeps.  :)

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I got my wife licenced in 1982. Now she's happy because I let her use slice#4 har har

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.