Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The SmartSDR_v1.7.30 does not save my waterfall settings, will this be corrected? Is there a differ

Phil
Phil Member
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
SmartSDR_v1.7.30 does not save the waterfall settings on my 6700. The previous versions have. Will this be corrected? I miss not having it already setup.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Which settings?
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Black level for one....
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I have seen this before and if I remember correctly resetting the radio to factory defaults resolved the problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
     Is Auto Black on or off?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Tim, with Auto Black Off and even factory reset and saving a new profile when you recall the profile the Black Level always goes back to 33 regardless. I am having the same issue. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the info.  I have entered this as defect #3621 for further investigation.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I think I am having the same issue. My waterfall is basically yellow each time I start. I need to back the black slider down to even see activity.

So for now Ia m going to revert to the older version until its resolved.  6500 in my case.
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It's been several weeks since this happenned to me and since I solved the problem by doing a power off, disconnect power, reconnect power then power up to factory defaults I never mentioned it to the Alpha group.  The display options AVG and Black (Auto off) were set to 0, sliders all the way to the left.  I also believe the Gain was set higher than I like.  Maestro reset did not affect it.  It was reasonably annoying.  None of the other Alphas were reporting it so I thought I missed something by not resetting the radio.  This happenned over two revs of the software.  The issue has not happenned to me over the last 3-4 revs.  Flex 6700... In the future I'll just embarrass myself more than usual and report everything. :)

Mike
    WB8CXO
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I just found this thread after I posted an inquiry about the same problem I have noticed regarding the Black level not being saved and always reverting to 33. I have this will be solved soon. It is annoying!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This is a defect that will be addressed in the next release of SmartSDR for Windows.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.