Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The S-meter and the RF power meter doesn't seem to work when using 2 meter transverter.

John Pfeifer
John Pfeifer Member
edited September 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I see no mention of this here, but possibly another bug, The S-meter and the RF power meter doesn't seem to work with version SmartSDR_v1.10.16 or SmartSDR_v1.11.12 while using the transverter has this been reported or fixed in the SmartSDR_v2.0.17 or any other release yet?

Comments

• John Pfeifer
    John Pfeifer Member
    edited September 2017
    Or is this a transverter issue?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    Not a bug.  The circuitry for power measurements is not designed to measure milliwatt power levels from the XVTR port.

And the S-meter is working for me in XVTR mode.  The signal level input on the XVTR port (commom IF configuration on the 6300) is displayed on the slice S-meter.
  • John Pfeifer
    John Pfeifer Member
    edited September 2017
    I wonder what I'm doing wrong then as I only use one slice for the XVTR port for the 2 meter transverter and the S-meter isn't working on mine, thus my post.Can you elaborate how this is done other then it's working for you.Thanks
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    I do not do anything other than set up the band in the transverter form and connect the xvtr to the XVTR port with a PTT cable.  It just works.
  • John Pfeifer
    John Pfeifer Member
    edited September 2017
    Are you by chance using the
    $75 Ukrainian VHF Transverter with the Flex-6000 SDR and SmartSDR by K4DSP?
  • John Pfeifer
    John Pfeifer Member
    edited September 2017
    Never mind, I found the problem, now I'll have to find out what the RF Gain box is for in the Settings, I had a number other then 0.0 and it was way to high, thank you anyway. S-Meter is now working.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    Glad you discovered your issue.  73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.