Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The New Flex-6150 replaces the Flex-1500

Options
KM6CQ - Dan
KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in New Ideas
This should be 10 watts out, offer an optional internal AT. And it should integrate with the Elecraft KXPA100 100 watt amp as the KX3 does. An effective accessory would be a interface box. One that would select the amp between the 6150 or the KX3 This box should be hardware or software controlled 
Flex, you don't have to thank me for this post. The 6500 is thanks enough. However, it would like to have a little brother. 
73,   Dan KM6CQ

Comments

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    yup  that may nice for transverter guy like me  ,I Like smartSDR but no need of 100W PA
    for save cost it may let pc process part of the DSP/processing job but still keep the same GUI
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    "... [to] save cost it may let pc process part of the DSP/processing job"

That would make the price skyrocket due to the engineering expense to write hybrid software.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    BTW hybrid SW is a step backward with technology and with wider Ethernet bandwidth
  • Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I think it would be more logical to call it the 6100, based on the other models.  It would probably need to have only one panadapter, but I don't know that it could be sold at a price point that would be attractive, so it may not be a practical idea.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Still keeping it weird...

Using Complex Arithmetic
    The 5000 which was designed second.
    ignoring the 3000 which was designed third.
    there is a difference of ...

so ...
    might be more or less correct.image

But since it would be a totally new hardware design ...
    the difference between the first and second designs was...

Thus adding the required 4000 we get.

+ 4000 

FLEX-10700 has a certain ring.image 
    Then drop SmartSDR in favor of only writing software for the new hardware. As was done with PowerSDR.image V.1 and V.2

Call it CalculatedSDRimage

And have it ready for Dayton.
    Current SmartSDR users won't mind waiting. image 

73, Jay - NO5J
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    2020?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.