The Left/Right Sliders for audio are reversed. Reported 6 years ago. Appears not yet fixed.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I am experiencing the reversal of the Left/Right sliders for the audio.  It shows up either using the front jack of my 6300 or the PCAudio facility using SSDR 2.51.

In searching I see it was reported 6 years ago and acknowledged as a problem an on the list to be fixed.  Am I doing something wrong or is it still waiting to be fixed?

I hope I am doing something wrong.

73 W4SG
Photo of Dennis Terry W4SG

Dennis Terry W4SG

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of FISHULA X

FISHULA X

• 77 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
 If your using speakers or head phones  just reverse them, Problem solved.
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 222 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Stereo SSB? My left and right work correctly on v2.56.1 and my 6400 on a PC.
(Edited)

Dennis Terry W4SG

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I have two slices running. One is meant to be in the left ear, one in right ear. When I move slice 1 to right side left ear gets louder and vice versa. I might have headset on wrong but doubt it.
(Edited)
Photo of FISHULA X

FISHULA X

• 77 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
 I had the same issue with my earbuds and I just swapped them. Good luck 2 You.

Dennis Terry W4SG

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
That is probably what I need to do.  Thanks to all.  I feel like a dummy. ;-)

73, W4SG
Photo of FISHULA X

FISHULA X

• 70 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Don't.... We all have been there. Only some of us admit it...
Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1559 Posts
  • 770 Reply Likes
@Dennis W4SG - your experience with L/R orientation does bring up a sensible suggestion.  

Could SmartSDR include a setting to reorientate the audio streams to what to user would seem L/R or with selection R/L?

Going a step further could that setting be discrete for each of the audio out paths?  That way you could make sure your speaker and your headset/boomset (in your usual orientation) match.

Steve
K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com 

Photo of k0eoo

k0eoo

• 630 Posts
  • 87 Reply Likes
I don't know Dennis, I have stereo speakers setup with my 6500 and when I move the balance control to the left the audio comes out of the left speaker and so on....  I'm running AudioEngine2 speakers connected as shipped...

Dennis, k0eoo