Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The CQWPX contest is this weekend.. Roll call-- Hope to hear you all on the air

ctate243
ctate243 Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
In fact I really REALLY hope to hear you on the air (because I will be the 15/10 meter captain at N6RO this weekend.. band condx not so good lately).

Contesting with flex for 48 hour contests is great with its low fatigue audio, adjustable filters and best in class view of the playing field.  CQWPX CW is a favorite contest for operators worldwide.

I am going to operate my flex 6700 in and SO2R configuration and continue my alpha-testing of the flex platform in contest conditions.  these serious contests usually yield fantastic results that allow me to pass valuable data to the FRS Team.  I hope you will listen for us operating from the Radio Oakley superstation owned by CQ Contest Hall of Fame member Ken N6RO.

We have been working hard to ensure that all of your Flex 6000 series transceivers are best in class in contest conditions regardless of the one that you use today or tomorrow. 

So jump in here give us your call and let me know you will be on the air, and of course give me a call, you know what bands I will be on (15 primary of course).  We will either be using the call of another one of our operators, NA6O (gary) or one of our club calls AK6W.

Lets us know if you will be on the air flex style and share your shack configs!  and if you have any questions please drop me a line.

Chris
N6WM 

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Here is a CW contesters secret tip..

CW a little rusty?  time to Morse Run! 

Morse runner is an excellent WPXCW contest simulator.  It works great and is easy and no pressure to set it 10-15wpm above your known copy skill speed.  operate it for an hour a day until the contest and be amazed at how its given you a fantastic warmup for your WPX weekend at your normal speed!

http://www.dxatlas.com/morserunner/

works great!
  • Ross Lambert
    Ross Lambert Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    W2TT will be working CQWW WPX CW this weekend. 

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    No antennas, sorry. Will have to pass on this one.

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Great!  hope to get you in the log!
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Now Ria....  your on the east coast.  put up a wire and work more than I will ;-).  Hope you can at least throw a few q's out..  GL
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    We have a pretty solid team to try and make a dent out here from 6 land.  
    CQ contest HOFers N6RO and K3EST, Expeditioneer and high speed PED competitor Mike WA6O, HC8N and frequent expeditioneer Steve K6AW,  New team member Gary NA6O working low bands and of course yours truly N6WM with his trusty flex 6700.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Will only be able to do a very part-time effort this time.  It is Memorial Day Weekend and we have some family activities planned, possibly with guests in the house.

Too bad - NM9P seemed to be a valuable multiplier for many ops....
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Just make sure you call me during your part time op ;-). 

GL OM!  part time is better than no time!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Well, I have antennas, just not going to put in a high score... In other words I have a cigarette lighter and not a **** torch. :)

Will be on for a few Qs but otherwise I think I need to do some long overdue cleaning and maybe take the kids to the library. 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    hahahah  your cigarette lighter is a lot closer to the gasoline supply than my **** torch... ;-).
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Single Operator stations may operate 36 of the 48 hours – off times must be a minimum of 60 minutes during which no QSO is logged.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Chris
    I wish you well, but be on the lookout for NX6T SDDXC station does extremely well! I know, I have operated their contest station in Fallbrook.
    Unfortunately Dennis is reluctant to accept the fact. That those oversea boxes can not continue with their winning streaks.
    I will be cheering you up and  hopefully, i will be able to give you several points on all bands.
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Chris: I will be listening for you and hope to provide a contact. But, it is Memorial Day. If the WX is decent most of the time will be outside time.  Best of luck in the contest.  73, Tom K1FR
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Tom..  Will look forward to the call in.. we will be beaconing and easy to find.  Enjoy your long weekend!
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    that would be great!  Interesting I sat with W6VNR at the contest dinner, and we had a great chat.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Looking forward to the contest. I plan on having a Flexcellent  time!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.