Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The best $2K radio I ever owned

Art - N4QNT
Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Flex 6400image

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tell us why?
  • Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Well first off two independent receivers that out perform any single receive HF rig that are way more expensive than the 6400. The portability features to work remote via other devices and the outstanding customization of great audio this radio can produce..
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Art, some down play the remote the Flex offers, saying big deal I can remote with mine as well. Yes you can but not as easy as you can with a Flex.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Just wait until you get familiar with what you can do with it; that the others CAN'T!

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Art:   I know this is off topic, but what brand/model is that SWR/WATT meter next to your Flex 6400?   I have not seen that one, looks rather useful.    [I am also going to order a Flex 6400 or 6600 in May after tax season here.]

Cheers,

Neal - N6YFM

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Here is a link to it. http://www.kojinsha.jp/kp-1_en/

• Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hello Neal, well let me tell you. I've had my share of watt meters over the years.. Alpha, LP100, Power Master etc,etc.. This is a great Japanese Co. called Kohjinsha..
    model KP-1 with 10K coupler included..

http://qrznow.com/kp-1-power-meter-kohjinsha-5kw/
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Beautiful setup. I hope mine will be here soon. Art, can you tell me how you have the SM7B hooked up? Are you using an outboard preamp? How did you interface the XLR to the radio? Any other info?

Thanks,

Scott N1SER
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    But no 6M.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    The radio covers HF/6m
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim, he was probably referring to my inquiry of the power meter from Japan, which is only 1-30Mhz, no 6M.      Yet again a good example of why I should not drift off topic in a thread :-)  :-)   [Don't leave my cage door open...]

Cheers,

Neal   N6YFM
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, Neal. Yes, the meter was which I was referring to. 
  • Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hello Scott, the SM7B goes into an M1 Wheatstone Mic processor, the output is a 10ft male XLR to 1/8 mini cable to the back of the 6400 mic in.. In SSDR I disable the bias voltage and disable the +20 dB setting.. Getting great rag chew audio reports using 50 to 3K bandwidth..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.