Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The basics of SmartSDR CAT and DAX

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
edited February 2020 in New Ideas
Hi all

I had a few moments (ok, it was over 20) to do a walk through on SmartSDR CAT and DAX.

If sound cards and serial ports sound a bit confusing for you then this video might help you out. 

If you watch this and have some questions, please feel free to ask you questions here so that our great community members can help you out.

73, Mike

Comments

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Mike! Really a great help for me! Good work as always!
    73. DM1TX 
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Very well done - thank you!

SteveK9ZW
    Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Very informative.

Don - kx9q
  • Eddie Jennings
    Eddie Jennings Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thank you,
        Eddie Jennings, AJ4OC
  • Eddie Jennings
    Eddie Jennings Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thank you,
        Eddie Jennings, AJ4OC
  • Keith Mitchell
    Keith Mitchell Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    This is hard for a Mac user trying to learn windows. There are so many "legacy" terms that assume I knew the original meaning.  I am getting there and have successfully got things like WSJT-x  running for Ft8 and even have automatically logging occurring to Log4om.  One thing I am still fuzzy on is what to do as I add new solutions that need com or PTT ports.  Do I use the same ones?  what in the CAT  panel can shared between 3rd party software and which need to assigned to specific solutions?  Currently working on FLDIGI and confused. Has anyone posted a screen shots of a typical setup?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.