Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tennadyne T-11 on the way! any advice on using with the 6500?

13»

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ken, what's antscope? How did you create that graph???
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Rig Expert AA-54 antenna analyzer. Antscope is the computer software that interfaces with it and let's you control it and display graphs on screen. I used clipping tool to import the picture.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Posted from iPad and didn't know how to rotate it here! Ha.
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    You're going to enjoy the Tennadyne, Ken. The SWR curve for my T8 (attached) is not too different - they all have that characteristic spike out near 25 MHz. Mine happens to coincide with the CB band so it presents no problem.

Point your antenna down toward NC and let's have a QSO!
    Doug K4DSP

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My T-6 at 30 feet continues to perform wonderfully. See my discussion and photos showing how I mounted it on an 8 foot quadrapod on 2 x 8s bolted through the roof to 2x 8s across roof joists in the attic.It's all on my QRZ.com page. The construction is very solid. I hope this helps others build a simple and serviceable installation. I can tilt it over and work on the antenna on the roof. 

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have been loving the T-11 at 38 Ft. for two years, now.  

I must say that even at only 38 ft. it has put me in an entirely different category for DXing and Contests.

I just wish I had gotten it up a year earlier.  12 Meters died right after I got it in the air, and I am sitting at 86 DXCC countries on that band.

I had barely gotten 100 total on my old antennas before the tower went up.  
    Since then, I have passed 125 on every band the T-11 covers, except 12 Meters.
    (see my LOTW report from August 3, 2017)

Now I only need to add 14 contacts on 12 Meters, 20 contacts on 30 Meters, and 26 contacts on 80 meters in order to run the table.  I'm not counting 160 or 6.  I'll likely never get DXCC on those bands until I retire and move to a different location.

I'll need about 20-30 more feet on the tower in order to hang a better Inverted 'L' for 160.  

I am just about ready to hang a 35 up / 30 out Inverted 'L' for 80 Meters with a couple of elevated radials.  Perhaps I will be able to snag the last 26 on 80 during the next big DX contest, if I can take the night hours off on a Saturday!  (hard to do with my job...)

Have fun!

Ken - NM9P

• KC8P
    KC8P Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'm a previous owner of T-8, now I have T-11....at 60 ft. What I can say, best choice antenna for anybody with one tower and limited space, works very well from 20m - 6m. I'm at 310 DXCC at this moment.

Pictures at https://www.qrz.com/db/kc8p 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.