Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Temperature Reporting Extreme Levels

Joe Spinks
Joe Spinks Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Radio: 6500
Computer: Win 10
Software: 1.8.4.84
I have a problem with a 6500, the fan's are running when I'm in receive. K0VM gave me the link for SD Links so I can see the temperature. It is reporting a temperature off +300 degrees C when the fans run (in receive), and reports -245 degrees C when the fan's stop. The radio was sent in for service last year and it didn't have this problem. This problem started after I got the radio back. My question, when they do a final test on the radio, is there a jumper that opens up the temp sensor line during testing, and maybe that jumper was not put back to the operate mode?

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Best to open a support ticket with Flex
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If third party software is the issue it as likely to that software in trouble. Exactly what are you running, with version for each part? 73 Steve K9ZW
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I don't know any "SD Links" temperature sensor program, please specify. I use FRStack, which shows correct temperatures. 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Joe Spinks
    Joe Spinks Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I'm sorry, it is FRStacks, Release 1.8.15.0, that is reporting temperature.
  • Joe Spinks
    Joe Spinks Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I'm sorry, it is FRStacks, Release 1.8.15.0, that is reporting temperature.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If the radio's temperature sensor had failed the radio would shut down when the failed sensor reported a major excursion. Unless the radio is shutting itself down the issue is external to the radio and SmartSDR. You might want to check with Mark AA3RK to troubleshoot the problem. He is contactable off the contact page at the FRStacks website - http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index Can you let us know what resolves the problem? GL and 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    There was a change in ssdr a long time ago related to how temperature is reported. If you use ddutil, which is almost a requirement, it also displays the temperature. It does, however, sound like it needs an RMA.
  • Joe Spinks
    Joe Spinks Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    The radio is not shutting down, just running the fans.

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

What does the current DDUtil report for temps? 

Obviously your radio is neither violating the laws of physics nor showing an actionable error.

Steve K9ZW

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I recommend upgrading to SmartSDR v1.9.13 and see if the issue still exists.  If it does, then open a HelpDesk ticket as we can investigate.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.