Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Teaser: Remote Keying Interface for macOS

Options
Mario_DL3LSM
Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
Hi there,

I just wanted to share some information about my latest project: xKEY, a Remote Keyer Interface running on macOS. You can read about it (and watch an intro video) here:

https://dl3lsm.blogspot.com/2020/04/introducing-xkey-remote-keying.html

Hope to release it soon when I have finished writing the setup guide...

I'm curious if there is any interest in this.. :-)

73, Mario DL3LSM

Comments

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Very interesting realization, it is the most successful solution that I saw (except obviously the Maestro). Well done! Thank you Mario!
    73 Jean-Luc
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Mario, I suspect that many on this message board will be intrigued by this project.  The Maestro is a fantastic product, but many of us probably would be more than happy to follow this approach of combining an iPad with your straightforward keyer interface.  Thanks for taking the initiative to make this happen!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Brilliant, Mario!
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Some more information about building the interface for the CW keyer is now available:

https://dl3lsm.blogspot.com/2020/06/using-teensy-as-cw-keying-interface.html

Hope to release xKEY soon. I just have to finish a video which I want to use instead of a setup and usage guide..

73, Mario DL3LSM

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Updated the blog post as I have put the Teensy sketches on GitHub and made a change to make the first one more stable.
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Mario. Looks great. Is there any way this could be work on iPad OS with SmartSDR iOS?
    It would make a great portable setup.

Charlie KB8CR
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Charlie,

xKEY is totally independent from the GUI client used, be it SmartSDR Windows/iOS, dogparkSDR, xSDR6000 or what else mightz come in the future. If you watch the video from the first blog post you will see that I'm actually using it with SmartSDR for iOS.

73, Mario DL3LSM
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I see that.....what I was trying to say is that it would be nice to have a similar application to xKey that ran on iOS along side SmartSDR for iOS using only the iPad.

Great work, Mario.

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Oh I see.. No, at the moment it's not likely that I will start developing for the iPad.. But on the other hand I don't know about the future.. :-)

73, Mario DL3LSM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.