Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SWR error on 6m. Anybody else seeing this? I show 1.5:1 on the 6700 and two other meters I have both

WA6FXT Mike
WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I don't know what else to say. Other than the watt meter, the output power setting and the actual output all differ.

Answers

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I am assuming the Meters are between the radio and the antenna, which means the ATU in the radio is after the meters not before it. The radio probably is showing you the SWR after the ATU has adjusted for it? Watts K4QJZ
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes, after the ATU; but, in bypass mode.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Mike, I am converting this to a HelpDesk ticket as it may be an issue specific to your radio or setup that needs one-on-one attention.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Mike, While Tim's getting you a HelpDesk ticket, I thought I'd mention one thing about SWR on an unbalanced transmission line like coax; where you physically place the SWR meter along the coax path between the transmitter and antenna will effect the SWR measurement, when there is SWR on the line. The only time all SWR meters will read the same is when the SWR is 1:1 or said another way, when the transmission line is terminated in its characteristic impedance, like 50 ohms.... So if your other SWR meters are a quarter wave multiple's apart (4.68' on 50MHz) you could see quite a difference between readings. Dennis, k0eoo
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    And the 4.68' is long because I didn't include the velocity factor of the coax, hi, hi....
  • John Betner
    John Betner Member
    edited March 2017
    Any update to this? My Flex 6500 shows crazy SWR on 6 meters as well while SWR Analyzer shows 1.5 on 50.125 while the Flex may show a 3 or more.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    What does it show when trying to tune into a dummy load?
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I reported this a long time ago. Have not had any feedback since the speculation was a possible calibration error. With tuners in bypass my external meter show the SWR on 6M as 1.1 and on the radio it show full deflection to the right....over 3:1. Also have power issues on all bands that is perported to be calibration issues and was referred to a help desk ticket. Since the latest update on most bands a setting of 100 is giving me around 150W. Not good for trying to set amplifier drive levels.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I recommend you open a HelpDesk ticket.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    This topic has been solved in Zendesk
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    What was the resolution? I boxed up the radio to send in for the temp sensors and fan noise and also noted the strange behavior with 6M. I've had that problem from day 1 but have not received any resolution other than it may be a calibration issue. 73 Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.