Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SWR Plotter for 6000 Series and Other UsefulK9DUR FREE Utilities

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Ray, K9DUR keeps on creating incredibly useful FREE utilities (albeit it's nice to send him a donation for his efforts) for the Flex Radios,.  I have been using his utilities since I got my 5000 several years ago and now they have been ported to the 6000 series....

http://k9dur.rnaconsultingservices.com/smartsdr_utilities.html

His latest is a SDR Plotter for the 6000 Series which turns your Flex 6000 into a SWR Plotter that will automatically sweep your antenna and plot the results for you.

He also has created several other useful utilities like a Memory Management System and a Voice Keyer for the 6000 series

For those of you who want to be able to start and stop all your programs with the single touch of a button there an App Control Panel.  He also has a number of other useful utilities such as an RF Safety Calculator for FCC Compliance

Check them out at

http://k9dur.rnaconsultingservices.com/misc_utilities.html

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Great apps!! Thanks for the link and thanks to K9DUR for the work. I just plotted all my antennas, ;)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just downloaded it and it is a slick little program!
    Thanks, Stu!
    and thanks, Howard for the link.

Ken - NM9P

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    SWRPlotter6k is the first API driven app I have used and it is wonderful.  This shows what the use ot the API can do and am hoping that others will follow suit with there own Flex 6000 API applications.  One that comes to mind would be wsjt-x would be a good app for the API.

Great work Ray...

Pat

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Real Slick Ray......thank you.
    I have a AT-Auto, and it was neat to watch the progression across the band.
    And to Pat in the message above, That's what I had running while I tested my 80 meter dipole..
    The swr path just barely above the baseline.
    Plus the save feature....should make it easy to spot a problem developing if you compare  plots.

Neat concept Ray...again...big thanks.

• Stan W2VID
    Stan W2VID Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I am dying to use the SWRPlotter6k on my 6300, but it cannot find my radio.  I believe I have followed the installation instructions correctly, but the Startup Window does not show radio to connect.  

The install instructions mention a LAN and my computer, a Windows 7 64 bit, is connected directly to the 6300 by Ethernet with no switch or router.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Or have any ideas.  I wrote to Ray a few days ago but have not heard anything.  It looks like a very useful program.  A friend of mine has used it with great success, but he is on  a LAN.  

Thanks.  
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My best guess is that by doing a direct connect, you have a "non-routable"  and/or "non-discoverable" IP address...

With networked devices such as the 6000 series, while Direct Connect may sometimes work, ---from all the issues I have seen posted here about direct connect.....I have concluded that life tends to be much easier and connections tend to be much more reliable when you use routers and switches and fixed IP addresses..

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Howard,

I agree.  I just tested SWRPlotter6k on my system with the radio connected directly to the computer & the connection was unreliable at best.  I know that when I first got my 6700 I had it connected direct & had issues.  Tim was able to help me sort it out until I was able to get a router.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    BTW. Possible bug. Radio always ends up on 40 m after a plot
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I just did the swr plotter worked great. I have the same thing with my wn1 watt meter. Does the voice keyer work with smart sdr ? I saw it mentioned power sdr.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Howard, tried to duplicate your possible bug.  Does your radio default to 40m via the global profiles?  I find on mine that you can test any band via the SWRPlotter and the plotter will return the radio to the last band and frequency. 

Pat
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    No I do not have a 40 profile.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

Dale, Yes VoiceKeyer will work with SmartSDR.  In fact, it will even work with a traditional radio with a hardware interface.

Looks like I need to re-visit the documentation & bring it up to date.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

Howard & Pat -- SWRPlotter6k is designed to restore the last mode & frequency after it does a scan.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Great love you programs I will download and work on setup.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

great app , WORKED LIKE A CHAMP!

• Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The link for the SWR plotter is now dead, does anyone have a working link that they could let me have or point me at a download?

Thanks

Tim
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You can get all his programs from his homepage:
    http://k9dur.info/smartsdr_utilities.html
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks - I'll have a look
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What a superb utility this is - does a really good job and if the Flex SWR meter is accurate it shows my aerial is performing as I hoped it would.

Tim 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.