Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

swl problem

Options
while operating in digi mode on 28,140,i tune flex 6500 says success with my longwire,but when I send the swl meter goes off scale,anyone got ideas

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If you have set the TX bandwidth to something narrow, in order to reduce the possibility of audio spurs, and the CW offset tone places the "carrier" outside that TX bandwidth, then the rig cannot generate a signal to tune it.  It will go through the tune steps and report a match because it doesn't detect any reflected power (or forward power either)  and thinks the SWR is good.

I solved this by creating a TX profile for the different DIGI modes and setting the CW offset so that it matches the "sweet spot" of the digital mode, or at least lies within the TX filter spread.

Hope this helps.

Ken - NM9P
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    surly that means it should do it on all bands whitch it does not only 10m
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't understand that this was a single band problem. In that case I would check grounding/RF issues. You may have a situation that is ok when tuning with ten watts, but at full power things go haywire. Also check again that your ten meter Digi setup doesn't have things set up the way I previously described.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Btw... How is your longwire configured to the rig? What length, feed line, and grounding system are you using?
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    its a 66ft longwire with 9.1 balum with feedline of maybe10mts of coaxial cable been using this setup for a year and more everything works fine on all bands in am usb lsb
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    was working fine earlier today just started doing it
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    That is a very important piece of information.  I would first suspect a change in your antenna system.  There could be some wacky impedance now at that frequency range that is messing with the SWR bridge.
  • Luis del MOlino
    Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Your ten meters coaxial line is resonating on 10 meters and it is taking RF as a receiving antenna capting RF on the outside of the coaxial line. Try to breaak this resonance with a current balun as MFJ-915 with plenty of berrite beads inseide that will avoid RF to circulate outside of the coaxial cable. This will destroy the resonance of the coaxial and it will avoid RF to circulate trhoug your rig, and power system.

Luis EA3OG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.