Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Switching Modes via CAT

Robert -- N5IKD
Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
Switching modes via CAT software results in odd frequency offsets. I am using flrig and using selecting TS-2000 since there is no FlexRadio option. In the screenshot example, switching from USB to AM, the bandwidth widens for AM, but the offset does not change from USB.
Tagged:

Comments

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Robert, when i use DXLab Commander to put me on the 'right' band and mode, it DOES seem to work... FWIW...73
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    edited June 2019
    Also choosing WWV in the SmartSDR band switcher should select AM instead of USB.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    agree, but every time here, it's dead flat zero beat on ssb...
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Bob, As you note, Dave Freese has not added 6000 to flrig. Fldigi does allow both freq, mode and filters to be selected via SmartCAT using the the XML file that FLEX released. Download from Dave's FLDIGI site.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    edited March 2015
    Smart CAT works fine, (The FA command returns the proper frequency) flrig kinda works, I can change frequencies okay, but changing modes is flaky. I downloaded the SmartSDR.xml file, put it in the fldigi.files/rigs folder and selected it in Rig description file part of the RigCat tab of the Fldigi configuration and selected the com port that matches the one in SmartCAT, but alas choosing initialize does not connect Fldigi to the Flex 6700. Fldigi 3.21.76AC
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Bob, initialize works fine for me. Make sure the communications parameters are correct, defaults won't work. Obviously, check the Use RigCAT box Here are the ones that work for me (some may not be critical) Baud Rate 9600 Stop Bits 1 Retries 2 Retry Interval 10 Write Delay 50 Check Commands Echoed, Restore Settings, VSP Enable
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    edited March 2015
    Dave, Checking RigCat did work. I think previous times I had RigCat checked I may not have had SmartCat properly working. The other settings make no difference. Only selecting that XML file, com port and RigCat. Thank you. Also changing modes works fine, this topic can be closed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.