Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SWITCH ON FLEX 6500 FROM MAESTRO ??

CHRIS
CHRIS Member
Does anyone know if you can switch on FLEX 6500 from the Maestro for remote operation ?

Answers

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    In short, no. You need a separate device for switching it on using the remote function that is available on the back of your Flex. In my case I have a wi fi switcher which I can use to turn on mains power to my power supply, then I can turn on the Flex and then I can use the Maestro.

Just beware when looking at these wi fi devices of two things. First, some of them only work on 2.4Ghz wi fi but more and more routers in VK land at least,  are only using 5 Ghz . The other thing is that mine produced a massive birdie that was unstable and moved up and down 6 metres until I got into the switching unit and put some bypass capacitors in, whilst watching the unit on my spectrum analyser.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Chris
    Think of the Flex radio's as a radio server which do stay on all the time, Knock on wood but my 6700 has been powered on since the 6000 series radio's 1st shipped to the public quite a few years ago with no issues and ONLY powered down when a reset is needed and after a software upgrade which I have a DLI WEB power switch to do, if the FLEX worked how it sounds like you want that part of the radio would still have to stay ON listening for the remote device and this is actually how the early 3 6000's version radios work including the 6500.

I wish that the 6600 / 6400 M version worked more like this and not leave the Maestro front panel ON when your running Remote using the several different interfaces the front panel becomes a very expensive night light which I do have a lot more dislike for and to bad there is not a screen blanker on these. 

73's
    Bret

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    I bought a cheap $20 eweLink 4 channel relay box.  I use 3 channels to switch antennas and one to control the Flex power.  I can just push the buttons on the unit when I am home, and can use the eweLink software on my phone when I am operating remote.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08211H51X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.