Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

swap my 6500 for a 6700 or a second 6500 ?

Marc Lalonde
Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
Hi  already own a 6500 for near 6 Mont but as my interest was in VHF and up  
i run multiple Transverter  so on my 6500 i only able to monitor one band at the time 

so i look for a 6700 but honestly price was  double of a 6500 for add a extra ADC Chip(SCU)
may it better to simply buy another  6500 and have a extra TX  ( full duplex ) and spare radio  ?

i assume that on a 6700 if you tune to 144 you cannot monitor HF on the same SCU ,since harmonic filter  ?   like  144 + 432 > 28 on  SCU #1 and 1296 > 28 on SCU #2  so 3 band  ;-)

alos since smartSDR handel only 1 radio  did for V2.0  it was 200$ x 2 ?

so what you opinion  

73  Marc L.  VE2OLM

Answers

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Marc, I think the right answer is not replace but add too
  • Thom Baxter
    Thom Baxter Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Can you run two radios at the same time on the same computer? Would diversity then work across both transceivers?
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Thom, sorry i mean add too......6700 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I think the issue might be software. I am not sure you can run 2 instances of SmartSDR on the same computer. You might need separate computers for 2x6500 versus one computer for 1x6700. I could be wrong.... but if that is the case, you might want to look into the cost of having two computers and separate monitors for each... etc...

Last time I tried to run a 6300 and a 6500 on the same PC at the same time I couldn't.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim has said that SmartSDR does not support multiple instances on the same computer at this time.
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I recommend upgrading to 6700 for diversity RX.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Right now we have simple diversity but only on the 6700.  Full diversity requires two (or more?) in phase IQ streams.  This means a 6700 with two separated antennae (GPSDO option not required) or two 6000 series RX anywhere in the world (GSPDO is required).

So now a 6700; sometime later GPSDO on two members of the 6000 series.

I failed to find the FRS reference in this community, at least a year ago.

73  Stan 

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Hi  diversity was probably useless for EME  antenna point to sky were noise was very low 

and not sure about it for terrestrial weak signal on VHF and above ?
    i think that this is more for the noisy HF ?

second PC was not a big issue i already have 2 PC on 3 monitor
    youk knot whit SamrtSDR , pstrotator ,WSJTX , web chat for sked ,QRZ.com  
    you need quickly more Display/PC ;-)

hope that in V2.0  or later it handel multiple radio ,that will become plus value when remote  will work  ,whit local radio and a remote one 

and wly not have cluster of remote available radio ;-))

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.