Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Swamped by Maestro

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in New Ideas
Can we have a separate section for Maestreo please? Nearly every other group is useful for every Flex/SSDR user except Maestro for those that do not have one. As a Flex 6300 user, I am interested in all the Flex 6x00 issues as very few are unit specific and similarly, interested in all SSDR issues as they could apply to me. The only thing I would want to filter are Maestro issues as not unsurprisingly, having just been released, Maestro posts are swamping the community and I expect will do so on an increasing rate for the foreseeable future.
0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited December 2018
    This was asked within a week and you can turn off sections you dont want to see. Try searching it up as i dont remember the specifics of how to do it. And im sure the same thing happened when the 6x00 series radios released.

Edit i searched seperate and maestro and found it
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/separate-groups

Its worth noting that some of the issues with the new version of SSDR are effecting more than just maestro users.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi,

I am getting *many* Maestro posts and I am NOT following Maestro posts.

"Its worth noting that some of the issues with the new version of SSDR are effecting more than just maestro users."

I do not need to see Maestro issues to see the issues that are affecting people without Maestros.

The changlog had so little in it for non-Maestro users, I have decided not to install it. The clue that they are calling the latest version 'SmartSDR for Maestro' helped.

Keep on aiming at the ground and missing.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Guy, I don't believe there is a persistent way to look at only non-maestro issues. I believe, for that, Maestro would need to be on the main line along with problems, ideas, praise, all, where the default seems to always be all. Perhaps they could have all but Maestro selection. However, if one is to believe the marketing, you, Burt, and I are the only three on here that didn't order one last spring. I doubt there would be much sympathy.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Walt, you really had me ROTFLMAO with that last paragraph!

If people would label their posts appropriately, there would be as I am not following the Maestro-labelled posts.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016

Part of the issue boils down to how posts are flagged as well. For example if the post is a SSDR issue and Maestro those are the only things that should be tagged. However many people tag the sig series or all the 6x00 rigs in their posts.

whoops i shouldve read your post guy i basically said the same as your last. Sry

And i can understand the annoyance but this is gonna happen everytime something big and new comes out. Imagine the activity when the next major SSDR release comes out and people **** about having to pay for it.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steve, I do not mind the quantity if it is something that I have an interest in. I am quite looking forward to the SSDR v2.0 Tsunami of posts, :-).
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The waters will recede soon. 
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I do not own a Maestro nor will never own until the price returns to $999 but I find all the comments on all the threads to be very interesting. Plus I like to see happy people and many love their Maestro.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @ Burt, are you feeling okay? Please don't let me be the only curmudgeonly person here, LOL (in deference to you).

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Do some of the threads appear for you because you've ended up "following" them after commenting in those Maestro threads?

Steve

K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.