Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Surprise Flex-6500 guess speaker at our ARES RC meeting

Ernest
Ernest Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Due to the "HamCation" Hamfest in Orlando, Florida this past weekend: Our club had a limited time to "assign, volunteer or bribe" a speaker for our Nassau County ARES meeting. Bud Sinor KA3OGG a Flex-1500 owner, met his longtime friend John Cooper WB3AYG at the Flex Radio booth; who happened to own a Flex-6500. Well, you can imagine how the conversations lead one thing to another and finally John was volunteered to be our NCARES meeting speaker.
His theme was: How to remote control his 6500 from 4,200 miles away in Europe to his home in Virginia using a VPN network.
I was personally impressed! Since, I had not seeing this radio ability and operation, using the internet. Living in a small island in NE Florida, the number of none believers of Flex radio is endless. Hopefully John's demonstration will change their feelings about the Flex radios.
Needles to say, I will be looking for ways to install and run VPN in conjunction with my Flex-6700 from my home;until WAN comes along with SmartSDR v2.0. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.