Surprise Flex-6500 guess speaker at our ARES RC meeting

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
Due to the "HamCation" Hamfest in Orlando, Florida this past weekend: Our club had a limited time to "assign, volunteer or bribe" a speaker for our Nassau County ARES meeting. Bud Sinor KA3OGG a Flex-1500 owner, met his longtime friend John Cooper WB3AYG at the Flex Radio booth; who happened to own a Flex-6500. Well, you can imagine how the conversations lead one thing to another and finally John was volunteered to be our NCARES meeting speaker.
His theme was: How to remote control his 6500 from 4,200 miles away in Europe to his home in Virginia using a VPN network.
I was personally impressed! Since, I had not seeing this radio ability and operation, using the internet. Living in a small island in NE Florida, the number of none believers of Flex radio is endless. Hopefully John's demonstration will change their feelings about the Flex radios.
Needles to say, I will be looking for ways to install and run VPN in conjunction with my Flex-6700 from my home;until WAN comes along with SmartSDR v2.0. 
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 215 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Be the first to post a reply!