Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Surface and SmartSDR

N7BCP
N7BCP Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Upgraded my surface 1 to windows 10 RTM and installed SmartSDR. Operating with the remote feature with touch navigation of the pan adapter is providing a good operating experience. Maybe not optimal for contesting but casual browsing of the bands really works well.image

Comments

• James Whiteway
    edited July 2015
    What proccessor Larry? James WD5GWY
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I5 @1.7Ghz 4GB RAM. Screen is kind of a funky size, will probably upgrade to a Surface 4 if it ever comes.
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    SSDR working well with Windows 10 updated this morning from 10 Preview build 10162 on a Thinkpad 8. Processor is an Atom Z3770.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Did DAX work ok - I'll need to recheck the latest build but 10240 I had DAX issues with SSDR ... i7 SP3 here as well
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    SmartSDR had never been installed before on the Surface. Install completed without error and DAX and Smart CAT ran the first time. Also installed WSJT-X and it worked with CAT and PTT once I created the second com port.
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I don't use DAX on the tablet so I've uninstalled it & CAT to reduce CPU load.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Simon,  instead of shutting down and turning back on for a reboot, try using
    the "restart" option. For some reason on the SFC, there seems to be a big
    difference.  I'd been turning it off and on as part of normal operation for days
    and my ports were working, but not showing up in device manager. Things
    worked, but were odd.  Since I did a "restart" instead of a shutdown, it fixed
    itself up.  Maybe this will work for DAX oddities too.

SFC Pro i7  Build 10240  (RTM)
    (build # no longer appears, but you can type "winver" in a command
    window to get the build number)

Ned,  K1NJ

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Does it Transmit audio SSB/AM/FM  without stuttering or skipping or lagging?

Just curious of latencies..

Digital for the most part has been fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.