Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Suggestions for VHF TNC selection for RMS Express/ RMS Relay / RMS TriMode

Stan VA7NF
Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭

RMS Express and WinMor work well on HF (but 300 baud is slow), FM is just around the corner, and the waveform API (may) handle input for digital modes.

Have any TNCs been tested that run with FM mode and what is the best way to connect it/them.  I'd love to have built-in TNC software but that is probably an API writing exercise.

Does Flex have a short-list of tested TNC and suggestions on how to implement?  First thought is a USB driver from/to DAX; perhaps a PK-96 USB.

Does the 6700 hardware permit VHF XVTR "transmit" while concurrently transmit using the PA on HF

Stan Williams - VA7NF - Surrey Emergency Preparedness / EMCOM Technical

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have 2M FM APRS working great on the 1.4 Alpha.  Let me give you a few links to get started on now.  I will be writing up a full APRS iGate how-to when 1.4 is out for the group.   You may also want to order an amp from DEMI if you intended on transmitting 2M on your Flex 6700.  http://fwfvq.tehfm.servertrust.com/category-s/1814.htm

http://uz7.ho.ua/packetradio.htm

download sm2ch57.zip

imageimageimage
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    So when are the rest of us gonna get it???
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    I cannot comment on any release date.    I just find bugs!  :)
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thanks, I will investigate.

Already have the 75W from DEMI - Ran it on field day on CW/SSB - Really nice

• Scott - K7DSH
    Scott - K7DSH Member
    edited November 2014
    I have the amp from demi on order. What cables and connectors do I need to get it connected to the 6700? Scott k7dsh
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Cables

13V Power: Cable required - DEMI power connector supplied

PTT In:  RCA-M to RCA-M cable required to Flex - DEMI Y connector supplied (RCA-M and 2X RCA-F) for PTT continuation, if required

XVTR IN/OUT: BNC to BNC RF cable required

ANT IN/RF OUT:  Depends on the TR switch option and your shack layout.  I supplied a coax with N-M connector to the SWR meter

• Scott - K7DSH
    Scott - K7DSH Member
    edited November 2014
    Stan, Thank you for your response and great info. It looks like I'm going to need the BNC to BNC cable for sure. I'm looking forward to using the 6700 on 2 meters. Scott

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.