Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Suddenly no audio or shown received signals but TX fine with SDR 1.10

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi,  This has happened now two times after updating to 1.10.8. From cold start when I turn on the Maestro (or SDR on PC) I cannot see any signals on the panadapter or hear anything of the 6700. But sending works fine in tune mode (10 W) and full 100 W output. First time it happened I tried to look for possible causes and then suddenly it came into normal receiving mode while pressing tune on Maestro. Like tune triggered something. Now the 2nd time I cannot find any ways (not even pressing several times on tune) to get it into normal receiving mode. It applies to at least one or two slices that I have used. All are "dead" with respect to receiving or producing any audio at all.  Sending OK on both slices with different antennas on ANT1 and ANT2 respectively. 
Any clues? 

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Audio, panadapter and metering data is provided by a VITA-49 UDP data stream between the client and the radio.  The "command and control" of the radio is done via a different stream that uses TCP.  Usually when the client can control the radio, but no audio or panadapter data is being seen we usually suspect a network security suite or firewall on the network (router or on the PC) that is blocking it.

If the issue is intermittent, then we suspect a network throughput issue, as the VITA-49 UDP data stream is responsible for a vast majority of the traffic between the radio and the client.

Lastly, the issue could be the radio, but the proper troubleshooting technique is to rule out a firewall and/or network issues first.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2019
    Hi Tim,
    Thanks for the reply. This did never occur before updating to 1.10.8. Any changes in the software with 1.10.8 in this respect that may have introduced this behavior? 
    73 Kari SM0HRP
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2017
    Based on the behavior you reported, I cannot think of anything off the top of my head that was done in 1.10.8 that might be responsible that behavior.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Windows update?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2017
    That might be a remote possibility.  Usually Windows Update only messes with CAT and DAX.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for inputs. Not beeing a computer geek what remedies are there to check correctly UDP streams? Wire shark and appropriate ports? Any clues? BTW checked but no Windows updates made in PC...73 Kari
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2017
    I'd open a HelpDesk support ticket for advanced troubleshooting.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited July 2017
    Hello again , Now exactly same thing has occurred. That is "dead" slices but TX OK.  I use latest release 1.10.16. 
    73 Kari 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.