Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sudden Frequency Change While Inputting Call Letters into N1MM

mike
mike Member
edited November 2017 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Have never used N1MM prior to installing N1MM+ to be used with Flex 5000.  In contest mode I was entering a call sign.  I didn't catch the prefix but only the number 5 and 2 letters from the suffix.  So I proceeded to enter what I had so far.  Trying to use the tool without first writing it down on paper.  As soon as I entered the 5 the F5K instantly changed to WWV on 5.000 mhz.  I was aware that entering a numeric would change the freq. but in my mind I was entering a call sign....surprised the heck out of me.  So I prevented it by locking the freq. on the F5K. Lots of DX with a numeric as the first digit.  Seems to get vary busy using the mouse to S&P, adjust the volume, change freq. etc...etc....and now I got to remember to lock freq.

So the question is:  Is there a better way to prevent the change?  Suggestions for a better operating procedure.

Thanks for input
Mike

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mike,
       I normally turn off the PowerSDR keyboard short cuts when I run N1MM.  I normally don't use PSDR keyboard shortcuts anyway except for direct frequency entry to the VFO.  Prevents this kind of thing in the heat of battle. 

AL, K0VM
  • Frank PB1SB
    Frank PB1SB Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi Om, i change settings in windows so the focus is on the application where your mouse is. Works great for me. Hope this wiĺl help you. 73 and succes
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    DANGER, DANGER, DANGER

ALWAYS shut off keyboard input in PowerSDR when you are doing contesting.. For that matter, I suggest turning off Keyboard input permanently so you never run into a problem again.

Fortunately SmartSDR is smart enough to not have Keyboard Input...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.