Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Streaming audio from the F6.7K

Options
K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am able to connect to my F6.7K remotely via both Teamviewer and Remote Desktop; however, I have yet to figure out how to stream audio in both directions. Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions to get audio back and forth? I have a hilltop location with tower and beam available...about 15 miles away...and wish to put the F6.7K up there.

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    George, You can come out of the ACC Connector, Line in/out to your computer sound card that is local to the radio. Pipe through that or Pwd speaker out to the sound card and then the balanced input back from the computer.. Then point your audio product to that sound card, until DAX shows up.. Personally I think that Skype has a better codec than Teamviewer, but which ever method.. Maybe some else has a better ideal..
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have the audio into the computer and can monitor it and select it in some recording software. I think that Skype will hear the audiot; but, how do I get Skype to "answer" a connection so I can hear the audio remotely?
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You need two Skype accounts, the remote calls the radio computer, same as when using PowerSDR. The radio computer Skype account is pointed to the Soundcard input that has the radio connected to it, instead of a headset. The output of Skype is pointed to the Soundcard port that has the radio input connected to , Line out of the soundcard.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Some of us are using the RemoteRig RRC1258 for remote audio. I can report it has worked well for a couple months for CW and SSB. RemoteRig includes a remote keyer and local CW sidetone. I get good audio reports on transmit SSB. I'm waiting for DAX before I deal with digital mode audio. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/an_approach_to_remotely_control_your_6700_now_with_third_party_products_today
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I am not planning on remote CW for now, so think I can get by without RemoteRig. I am very close to having the remote system work...streaming audio is my last issue and hope to test that today based on Dudley's response.. I took the antenna tuner out of the line today and put in a 4:1 balun to connect the open wire line to the F1.6K, and Lo and Behold the F1.6K matches the antenna on all bands except 15....for the time being, I can live with that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.