Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Stream Deck Question

Harold Rosee
Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have my stream deck working well for the Flex as well as a bunch of Computer task.  If you don't have one you are really missing out.

But I have a question for you guys who are using them.   I was watching a YouTube video of a guy using it on his Flex.  From what I can tell when he holds down his Frequency up or down button it moves the frequency up or down until the button is released.  Mine doesn't do that nor can I figure out how to do that.  Mine just moves once for each push by the step amount.

Does anyone know how to make the key repeat like that?

Harold
W5ZZT

Answers

• Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I hope this helps someone else.

I didn't get any replies here so I wrote Jose, EA5SW a email.  He is the one with the StreamDeck video on YouTube.

He was kind enough to send me his StreamDeck Profile.  It still left me stumped but I finally figured out what he is doing and it's pretty slick.

Mark coded hotkeys that you can define in FRStack.  These hotkeys, at least the Frequency up and down keys, repeat when you hold them.  So in FRStack you define something like ALT+F1 as frequency up and then ALT+F2 as frequency down.  Then you go into the StreamDeck app and setup up a button as a Hot-Key.  Set the hotkey in streamdeck to execute your hotkey you defined in FRStack.

I would have never in a hundred years thought of this.  Instead of using the custom REST that Mark wrote for Streamdeck  to interface with with the SmartSDR API he just used the built in Streamdeck profile to talk to the hotkeys he defined in FRStack.

Pretty slick.  So a big thank you to Jose.

I hope my description of what he did makes sense.  If not feel free to ask.

Harold
    W5ZZT
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Always looking to be in the fast track I would appreciate if you sent Jose's file. Curious how he is doing it as well. N9IO at Hotmail dot com.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I will forward you the email but it's not all there meaning the actual hot keys are defined with the hotkey editor in FRStack.  Look under "View" in the FRStack menu.  You define a hotkey there to make it do what you want.

Then in streamdeck there is a "hotkey" under the "System" on the right menu.  You just drag it do a button.  Then you press the key you want it to perform and that's it.

So in FRStack I defined ALT+F1 to be volume up in FRStack and ALT+F2 to be volume down.  Then in Streamdeck you define the hotkey.

All you will see in his profile is the Hotkey definition.  I had to figure out what he was doing.  What is interesting is the Hotkeys in FRStack repeat while the "REST CALL" that Mark wrote for the Stream Deck don't.  I wrote him about this.

Harold
    W5ZZT
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi, interesting. Is there in FRStack a hotkey for choosing RXA instead of ANT1? Would be convenient to be able to toggle between the antennas on 160-40 meters when copying a weak signal. On RXA I have a beverage antenna.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.