Strange problem when I turn on or restart the radio. After 2.5.1 upgrade

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
After upgrading to 2.5.1 on a 6500.

If I turn off the radio while on lets say 20 meters then restart. After the radio starts I can not transmit on 20 meters. If I change bands I can transmit. I then found in the TX Band Setting window that for 20 meters the PTT Inhibit is checked and the RCA TX1, TX2 & TX3 are unchecked. This is the reason I cannot transmit on 20 meters. I can uncheck the PTT Inhibit and check TX1.2 & 3 then everything is fine. If I shut the radio off while on another band, PTT Inhibit is checked and TX1, 2 & 3 are unchecked on the different band when I restart.

Kent
N6WT
Photo of Kent Olsen

Kent Olsen

• 116 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3857 Posts
  • 933 Reply Likes
Should do a factory reset after the install....
Photo of Pat - WH6HI

Pat - WH6HI

• 390 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
Make sure you go into Dax and cat and select your SmartSDR host, usually your computer or front panel processor. Also go in and check the new window that controls the control outputs like the TX1 2 and 3 outputs that control out board devices, amp etc.
Photo of Kent Olsen

Kent Olsen

• 116 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I did the factory reset and the problem is now worse. Every time I type in a new frequency or I use my logging program to change the frequency the radio will put a check mark in the TX Band Settings under PTT Inhibit. 
Photo of Kent Olsen

Kent Olsen

• 116 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Found the problem! I use DDUtil to control my amp and Steppir SDA100 controller. I have it set to Inhibit TX while my DB36 tunes. If I uncheck the box in DDUtil for TX inhibit the problem goes away. Not sure how I will control this now. 
Photo of John - AI4FR

John - AI4FR

• 143 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Kent I am also having DDUTIL issues with ver. 2.5. DDUTIL will read the radio frequency once. If I use the radio to change bands DDUTIL does not see the change. BUT if I use another program such as WSJT to change bands DDUTIL can see the change. I have not found a fix for it yet except to go back to SSDR 2.4.9.
Photo of Kent Olsen

Kent Olsen

• 116 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
What version of DDUtil are you using??
Photo of John - AI4FR

John - AI4FR

• 143 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Version 3.2.7.0.5
Photo of Kent Olsen

Kent Olsen

• 116 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
If I use the Band button on the main screen of SSDR to change bands, DDUtil will not follow. If I direct type the new frequency into SSDR DDUtil will follow. I really don't use the Band button very often so not a problem for me. 

I am using DDUtil Ver 3.2.6. My setup is a bit different so I have to run the older version of DDUtil. Steve, the author of DDUtil, will not update the program for my setup, so I am stuck using the older version.