Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange noise in the background during tx Flex6300

When I am on TX, and I listen to my signal I hear a strange noise in the background, sounds like a motorboat sound. I already disconnect the microphone and on MOX I still can hear this. I have this with the monitor on and if I listen on another transceiver with 1 watt and still I can hear the noise. It is like the earth connection is not good, that kind of sound. Does somebody recognize this problem? I also tried another power supply but the noise stays. 73 PA1EC

Comments

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Hello Eric PA1EC

Can you help out with some details on what you are running and how everything is set up?  Things like what version of SmartSDR you are running and things like that might be helpful.

Does the phenomena remain after resetting/rebooting everything?

I don't want to venture suggestions until I understand how you're set up, what you are running and if it reoccurs after restarting.

Steve K9ZW

• PA1EC
    PA1EC Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi Steve;

I am running software version 2.1.32 but the problem was already with version 1.11. I also connected a dummyload and put the Tx power to 1watt. But on the monitor and on my other trx I still hear the noise.

I have a network connection utp cable and no USB cable between the radio and pc. I also tried another power supply.

Eric Coppens
    PA1EC
  • hans weijers
    hans weijers Member
    edited March 2018
    Eric, I had the same problem in 2015. First a defective A/D converter was exchanged by Flexradio and lateron 2 ground connections were moved. So i had  to send back the Flex6300 to the repair center in Germany twice in order to solve the problem. I know that PA0PBT had the same problem and also his Flex was repaired properly. Of course the cause of your problem can be different, but this is my experience.
    best 73, Hans - PA0HWB
  • PA1EC
    PA1EC Member
    edited March 2018
    Thx for your reaction Hans
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Maybe time now to open a Help Desk ticket if you think it is the radio?

Steve K9ZW

• hans weijers
    hans weijers Member
    edited March 2018
    Eric, I had the same problem in 2015.
    First a defective A/D converter was exchanged by Flexradio and lateron 2 ground connections were moved.
    So i had  to send back the Flex6300 to the repair center in Germany twice in order to solve the problem.
    I know that PA0PBT had the same problem and also his Flex was repaired properly.
    Of course the cause of your problem can be different, but this is my experience.
    best 73, Hans - PA0HWB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.