Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange carriers when operating cw

Adde Tjernberg
Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
When operating cw I get two additional carriers. Exactly +4khz and -4khz from my tx frq. I have not seen this behaviour before... anyone knows what it is? Here is a short video of the behaviour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6U0fKZLm2U 73 de Adde, SM0SHG

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have not tried 15m but I don't see that when I transmit on 40 at almost full power.  But I do see something like that when I have a mis-match to my antenna.

I assume you are using the monitor feature in radio setup "Show TX in Waterfall:"  If so I would not worry too much about it as it might just be seeing more than what gets out on the air.

Best thing to do would be to have a close ham with a pan look at your signal.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Mark is spot on with this Adde.  Artifacts you see in the TX monitor may not necessity reflex what is going on in the real world.  along with perhaps having a friend take alisten, Another thing that you could do is repeat the test into a dummy load, and see if the behavior changes.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I would suggest you "pull down" on the scale on the right hand side of the panadaptor until peak signal is visible. Then look at how many DB down the "spurs" are from peak carrier.

Every signal starts getting wide when you're looking 60+ db down from peak carrier.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.