Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Strange Antenna Port Issue with 6700, Version 3.0.27

Options
Tom OBoyle
Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have owned by 6700 for years and all is usually working well.  This week, I've experienced a problem.  On startup, I noticed no signals on REC.  I checked antennas and all seems OK.  I transmit and SWR is at 1.2 or better.  My REC and TX antennas are always on ANT1.  Now, if I change the TX antenna to ANT2 -- signals are received correctly.  I have checked out the antenna settings and the gain and all are still set to the correct settings.

I did switch bands many times and I got the radio to work normally.  Then a few days later it happened again and this time I cannot get it to work right.  I've rebooted many times and factory reset

Any ideas?  It is almost like there is a circuit kicked in to reduce the gain when on ANT1 for TX.

73 de Tom, N9GUN  

Comments

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Tom,
    I recently had a problem where ANT1 would not receive or transmit. ANT2 was ok.
    Turned out to be a bad relay on ANT1. Factory repair required.
    I suggest you put in a ticket to the help desk.

Roy - W5TKZ   
  • Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks..   here is a short screen video showing the issue.  

https://youtu.be/iqaDHonlXcU
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Recently had a similar issue. Like Roy, arranged an RMA with Flex. Relay replaced and radio back better than ever after a short spell in the FRS Clinic.
  • RT5A
    RT5A Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Tom,
    Look at your email.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.