Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Still Having DAX Problems (after Windows Updates)

Jerry W2TXB
Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
After checking the things mentioned by Neal ( https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/most-common-fix-for-dax-driver-errors-in-windows-spring-update-1803-you-can-do-this ) and finding all Audio Inputs and Outputs intact, along with more than six Uninstall/Re-installs of the DAX drivers as suggested here prior to that, I am still unable to use DAX to operate digital modes. Using the latest SSDR before and after  both of the recent Windows 10 (64-bit/Pro) updates, I am finding the last step (#17... SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX_install.bat) failing every time. Here is what I get:

C:Program FilesFlexRadio
SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX_install.bat

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>REM Install the MIC Audio DAX driver

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>REM 64 bit version

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>REM ** Must be run with elevated Administrator rights **

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>md "C:UsersW2TXBAppDataRoamingFlexRadio SystemsInstLogs"

A subdirectory or file C:UsersW2TXBAppDataRoamingFlexRadio SystemsInstLogs already exists.

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>regedit /s RemoveRegistryEntries.reg

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>regedit /s .MICAUDIO_DAX.reg

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>regedit /s .MICAUDIO_DAXService.reg

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>copy /v /y .SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX.inf C:WINDOWSinf

1 file(s) copied.

C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAX>.wdreg -inf SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX.inf -log "C:UsersW2TXBAppDataRoamingFlexRadio SystemsInstLogsSmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX.txt" install

WDREG utility v10.40. Build Oct 17 2011 12:38:06

Processing HWID FlexRadioSystems_DAX_MICAudio

Installing a signed driver package for FlexRadioSystems_DAX_MICAudio

Error: Failed to install the INF file (C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAXSmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX.inf)

LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallA

LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW

LOG ok: 1, Looking for Model Section [DevSection.NTamd64]...

LOG ok: 1, Installing INF file 'C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.1.3364-bit DriversMICAudio_DAXSmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX.inf' (Plug and Play).

LOG INFO(1): error 3, Could not open file C:WINDOWSSystem32DriverStoreFileRepositorysmartsdr_micaudio_dax.inf_amd64_97c04506f914c4dbsmartsdr_micaudio_dax.inf.

LOG ERROR(3): error 3ee, PnP Install failed.

LOG ok: 1, Attempting to rollback ...

LOG ok: 1, No devices to rollback

LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x3EE)

LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallA (0x3EE)

difx_install_preinstall_inf: err 3ee, last event 3, last error 3ee. UNKNOWN

Error: Failed trying to install the driver

Any ideas of what to try next? Although I have even uninstalled SSDR, CAT/VSP, and DAX, and then reinstalled them (no joy), is there a way to completely remove all traces of them (short of wiping the HD and then reinstalling Windows and everything else)?

Also, will the next release of SSDR (2.2.__) fix the problem, once and for all (I can wait)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Neal - K3NC
    Neal - K3NC Inactive Employee ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Jerry

Create a trouble ticket and I will be happy to connect and see if I can clean this out!

• Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Neal,

I started a Help Desk request yesterday, and then worked a bit more with it today. Here is an update:

Following a suggestion from a guy who lives fairly close on another web forum (referring to another ham's Win-10 messing up RigBlaster and other digital mode drivers), I decided to try changing one of my privacy settings (after another reboot and still no success)... the setting is under Microphone Privacy, and it was switched off (I have no mic connected to the PC running the Flex). Apparently, the Windows 10 definition of "Microphone" differs somewhat from the way the rest of us see it. Anyway, I switched it to "On" and rebooted the PC. Tested with FLDigi and all symptoms have been resolved, at least for now. I will try several more contacts to ensure the results are going to last. How this "fix" (workaround?) has any connection to the "MICAUDIO_DAX_install.bat" errors that were encountered, I do not know... may have to chalk it up to "It's Microsoft and all bets are off". ;)

Thanks again; I will update as necessary, but at least for the time being, I will not mess with success. It is hoped that, by posting this update that I did not jinx everything. ;)image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.