Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Still getting CW issues with internal winkeyer and 1.8

Options
Phil M0VSE
Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
The release notes of 1.8 say that the missing CW sidetone issue is fixed but I didn't see any mention of occasional missing 'dits' from the winkeyer emulation. Although it doesn't seem as bad as it was, the winkeyer is still unusable from N1MM+.  It occasionally 'stutters' and this is definitely not just missing sidetone (as I have reported previously).

Any news on a fix for this? I am using CWX but that means that I can't easily change sending speed or use the N1MM+ CW keyboard which is a bit of a pain...

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as defect #3771 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

May / may not be related.  Running 1.8 on Maestro (Yes it installed without problems as have all updates over 3 years).

Our N1MM+ "RUN F1" CQ script starts with "RAC" - Perhaps a dozen times over an 8 hour shift I heard "FAC".   No idea where that extra dit came from.  Its not a bug just a stay awake feature.

Paddle and headset plugged into the radio (as per an earlier note) and driven by N1MM with Maestro as a display and control head.

Sorry (Canadian eh) I didn't stop and set a recording session to document the condition.

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Stan, et. al. we have located and fixed this issue.  We'll get it in your hands as quick as we can.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks Steve, I look forward to testing it ;)
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Any news on this Steve? I have been using CWX from N1MM+ until the Winkeyer issue is fixed but got a few reports of missing 'dits' with this last night which is a bit embarrassing!
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Phil, we are targeting a release (v1.9) for mib-September, about 4-weeks from now that contains this fix as well as a number of other issues related to contesting support, CW timing and latency improvements for CW filters.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hope you can do this without deleterious effects on the filter shape.  That's one thing that sets these radios apart.  The filters are truly outstanding.

Ned,  K1NJ

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Actually I find the brick-wall shape part of a problem.  For noise reduction and QRM, bringing in the filter width to 200Hz is great.  Unfortunately many (5-10%) replies to my run call are out of my pass band (BTW I select my run frequency to 0.2Khz so most spotting does not need to round up/down).

The only way I work these stations is to SEE them in the panadapter, move the RIT, and call again or partial call.

If the CW filter were (optionally) brick wall to around -40 to -60db and then slope down; then I could gain the noise/QRM reduction yet HEAR these stations.

Other solution is for the other guy to get on frequency but ...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.