Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Still cant get double image out of cw skimmer

Don w2xb
Don w2xb Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Updated software to v2 hoping that my cw skimmer with my flex6500 and new dax improvements etc. would get rid of the double image on the cw skimmer screen. No luck. I know you have to turn down the audio to get rid of the double image. 
I am using a sound blaster soundcard, also tried using a creative mru external card and no luck. The MRU works  great with my k3 and NAP3. But can't get the double image out on my flex setup. Anyone else having this problem?

Don...w2xb

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    I am not experiencing that problem.  Are you using the latest version of SDR-Bridge and CWSkimmer?
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Don...

Sound card? I don't think you need a sound card for skimmer. You should be using SDR-Bridge and DAX I/Q. That will give the cleanest signals for CW Skimmer.

Ria

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    I have had that happen (I think, long time ago) when the sampling rate set in Skimmer was different than selected for the I/Q channel in SSDR. In addition, I'd check the settings for the I/Q channels in Windows soundcard settings to see it matches there also. Not sure that makes a difference. I have it all set up for 192 KHz and it seems to work well with no doubles.

Kev K4VD
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    No additional sound cards are required if using SDR Bridge which is designed to interface Flex radios and CW Skimmer.  The IQ channels in DAX and the  SDR Bridge program will get your CW skimmer program working properly.  See the nice tutorial here:
    http://www.qrv.com/download/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%209-Feb-2015.pdf

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi Larry,
    There is a newer version of the SDR-Bridge and CW Skimmer quickstart on the QRV page or on my web page.  

Here is the direct links from the QRV page:

http://www.qrv.com/download/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%207-Jun-2017.pdf

or from my web page at:

http://www.nn4zz.com/Data/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%207-Jun-2017.pdf

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.10.16
    Win10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.