SteppIR with Flex 6500 on a Mac

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Is DDUTIL available in Mac? I'm about to take the plunge into the world of the Flex 6500 using dogparkSDR, but I do need a method of deriving frequency data for StepIR automatic frequency tracking. 

David A., KK6DA, Los Angeles 
Photo of David Ahrendts

David Ahrendts

• 90 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Don Agro

Don Agro

• 127 Posts
  • 80 Reply Likes
Official Response
MacLoggerDX v6.05b1 adds broadcast of frequency over USB/RS-232 for amplifiers tuneable antennae (SteppIR) etc.
Photo of John - WA7UAR

John - WA7UAR

• 155 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Don, is your software able to pass USB frequency changes "remotely" to the Flex radio server for relay on to the Steppir? Sorry for my neophyte question but when I finally get my antenna/tower plans implemented I will only operate from a remote location (on the roof of my condo building). My Steppir there will have a USB cable connected to the Flex server in a nearby roof maintenance room but I'll be "elsewhere". I'm not sure if my MacLoggerDX (running on my local Mac) can effectively command the Steppir on my roof over the Ethernet connection that I will have to it. My alternative is to have a Mac/PC in the rooftop shack and connect it directly to the Steppir -- but that complicates the overall remote model that I'm trying to implement. Thanks.
Photo of Don Agro

Don Agro

• 127 Posts
  • 80 Reply Likes
 dogparkSDR does not support the 6000 USB port - yet.
Photo of John - WA7UAR

John - WA7UAR

• 155 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
I like "yet" because it gives me "hope"... but ohhhhh it's the waiting that is so very hard to bear at times. Thanks Don.