SteppIR on ANT1, how to stop DDUtil from tuning it when ANT2 is selected?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I am using DDUtil to tune my SteppIR. Works great. It is connected on ANT1. I now connected a vertical on ANT2. Added a new panadapter with ANT2/ANT2 immediately, the SteppIR gets retuned. How can I make DDUtil aware of the fact that SteppIR is only on ANT1?

Thanks,
Andy
Photo of Andy - KU7T

Andy - KU7T

• 244 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 928 Posts
  • 261 Reply Likes
Andy, I have spoken with the author Steve K5FR about this some time back.  DDutil core functionality is based around the active slice, so the steppir is going to tune to the current active slice.

You have another option.  you can use a USB serial interface associated with a slice. (with a flex 6000 series radio). if you do that, you can associate that serial port with say slice A, and when you open slice B it will not trigger the steppir.   But you will lose features like the retract elements, and reverse and other advanced features. It will simply track.

Using this method, you will need a steppir control cable (it has a slightly different pin out).
Photo of Andy - KU7T

Andy - KU7T

• 244 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Hmm, not sure if I want to loose these functions, as I use this for remote as well. In that case I do not have the opportunity to push the physical controller.

Does anyone know if PstRotatorAz can distinguish correctly the different slices? Or any other rotator controller for that matter?

Thanks
Andy