Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Status, SmartSDR 2.0?

2»

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    TBD
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mni tnx.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim,
    At Dayton last year Steve talked about a "controller mode" for Maestro.  The Maestro software version that provides only tuning and other "mega-Flexcontrol" type functions wouldn't be considered a client gui if I understood Steve correctly.  This version would not have a panadapter, or waterfall.  Instead it would display some radio information and have a few touch screen buttons along with the knobs for tuning, etc.  

At Dayton last year he said that capability probably would not be available initially.  But it would operate concurrently with SSDR just like the FlexControl and other third party controllers do today. 

Is this still accurate?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Tim, if I might vote on this early, I'd like it to be any two, or more, client GUI s

Thanks!
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Although that would be optimal for the end user and the most desirable eventually, It would also likely heavily complicate the project. (since some clients are 1 slice only, some 2, etc.).  Starting with Maestro in a control or mirror mode would probably be easier and quicker to implement from a programming and implementation standpoint.. no inside info and I am just speculating.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Walt - your comments are noted.
  • James Whiteway
    edited March 2016
    I like Walt's suggestion as well.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well, now I know what I want for Christmas!

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    George
    Would that be next christmas, or the one after that?
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Wish I had twice as many software engineers or days in a week.  I wish I could snap my fingers and get everything done on my to do list (and theirs).  I wish we didn't have to make hard trade offs every day.  I wish we had a team of people dedicated to just keeping up with everyone's wishes.  I wish software development were more predictable like loading the dishwasher (my wife loves me for loading and unloading that thing - very predictable outcome).  

Hmm, while we are wishing, I wish I were 40 years younger knowing what I know now.  Wish I could drop about 10 pounds.  I wish everyone would walk a mile in my shoes.  Oh well, I'm getting carried away....  

I wish it were April 1.  Gotta have a little fun.  ;>)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    So much for wishful thinking!  LOL!  Thanks for the laugh, Gerald.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I wish I were 40 years younger and didn't know what I know now.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    NOOOOOO, Charles.  Youth is really wasted on the young in my opinion.  Although, ignorance is bliss until you hit the wall.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    LOL! Just keep on keeping on, Gerald. Only you know the best allocation of resources to achieve the goal you want to attain. In my dental community, if 99.5% of a dentist's patients are happy, the 0.5% that are unhappy will make most dentists feel like a failure. In baseball, a 0.995 batting average would be considered superhuman..
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Gerald,

I'm not sure the point of your post. Is it to make excuses for your non performance with the 2.0 software and Maestro?

•   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yup... they shoulda closed it while was still constructive...
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Yep, as I've said, the polar opposite of irrational exuberance if irrational anger.
  • Jerry NY2KW
    Jerry NY2KW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Any update on SmartSDR 2.0 for WAN remote?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Yes.

FAQs are at https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/new-flexradio-products-faq

Has been massively discussed in other threads (bet the wonky search engine on the community was the lead to this year old thread...)

Steve K9ZW

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    It's in alpha testing right now and was demonstrated at Xenia. I believe they said that they are targeting a release sometime in June/July but don't quote me on that. 
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    As of FAQ release 1.1 (May 24th, 2017):

SmartSDR v2.x When will v2.0 be released?

The target release date is before the end of June.

But it is best to keep an eye on the FAQ or other official FRS announcements.

Would be typical to see a FlexInsider Newsletter issue in the run-up.

Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.