Status of new 6400, 6600 Flex Radios?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
What is current status of the new Flex 6400M, 6600M radios?  I think Gerald indicated they would begin shipping the first part of November.  I dont recall a current update to the last information we all received.  
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 354 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Matt NQ6N

Matt NQ6N

• 97 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Great news! I hope everyone at Flex has a great Thanksgiving and takes some time to spend with family and friends over the long weekend. 

Matt NQ6N
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Gerald and Matt,   Thanks for the update.  We are all loyal Flex customers who understand that Flex is a much smaller company building highly specialized products.  Many of us who have gravitated to Flex vs Icom have done so for a great product with outstanding personalized customer service.  Your supply problems are our problems and I can say for myself, knowledge that a supplier was shipping late comes as a relief knowing that the radio as a whole is proceeding as normal, just interrupted by lack of necessary parts.  I was a Navy Supply Officer who has chased parts around the world - even to Antarctica.  I feel your pain.  My 6600M will come when ready - not a minute before, and that is as it should be.   HAVE A GOOD, HAPPY AND STRESS FREE THANKSGIVING.   73,   Gary J   N5BAA
Photo of Fred Abrams

Fred Abrams

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is mention of an e-mail sent to all who have the new radio on order. Did not receive such an email.I think I am perhaps #1 on the list for the 6400M (first to order it the night it was announced at the Flex dinner prior to Hamvention). Concerning. Fred K0RAL - Dayton Ohio 
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1077 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
It seems there are more people not receiving the emails than those who are.  Hard to say why. Maybe getting caught in spam.
Photo of Fred Abrams

Fred Abrams

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I check my SPAM folder at least once a week. That was yesterday - not there.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1077 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
There is a level of spam protection most people do not see. The provider filters stuff out that we don't even see with our local spam system.

Just throwing it out there :)
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 605 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
Looks like we will be getting SSDR Ver 2.1.X with the new radios.
Wonder what will be new in 2.1?

(Edited)
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 942 Posts
  • 261 Reply Likes
Saw this in the Manual:
Looks like Fill is coming to the panadapter!
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1233 Posts
  • 262 Reply Likes
Yes.
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 292 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
I am waiting for my first Flex, what is Fill ?
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1233 Posts
  • 262 Reply Likes
Fill is the white area under the signals in the panadapter. Current software just shows a white line. Fill makes everything under the line white. Some prefer this.
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1787 Posts
  • 622 Reply Likes
Hi Steven,
Check out this "idea" post for some detailed examples and suggestions on fill transparency.  (wonder if the transparency suggestion made it...)

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/if-you-want-the-ability-to-fill-in-the-pan-display-...

Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.11.12
Win10
Photo of K2CB Eric Dobrowansky

K2CB Eric Dobrowansky

• 238 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Yes for V1, or yes for V2?
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 605 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
I have a windows 10 Tablet with 32gb of storage, 2GB RAM and Atom Processor, Can it run SmartSDR for windows?
Photo of Jim  KJ7S

Jim KJ7S

• 155 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Should be ok, I have an older Eee with an Atom processor running win 8 (it wont even take 8.1) running 1.11.12 SSDR  and the little guy only has 1 gig of ram, a split 72 gig each mini drive.  32 bit os obviously but it does run. Albeit a little shaky but...
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3178 Posts
  • 706 Reply Likes
What speed is the Attom Processor? SSDR can be run on almost any newer computer.
(Edited)
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 605 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes

It's 1.5ghz Proc. I don't expect hi performance, just want something I can put on the night stand for SWL.

So I will just need a Single Panadapter & Slice.
?
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3178 Posts
  • 706 Reply Likes
The computer does not do any processing, so, the only thing you need to think about is the video performance of the display. You should be able to open more than one pan
Photo of Jim  KJ7S

Jim KJ7S

• 155 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
...The graphics will probably be better on yours depending on the max resolution of your system. this poor little guy really struggles to even change the position of the panadapter and all this is jammed into a 10" diagonal measure screen and a max resolution in my case of 1024*600  crowds it. But it functions hihi.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 605 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
OK I'll keep my fingers crossed. sounds like it will work.
thank's guys.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.