Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Static IP and Port setup for SmartSDR for Windows.....

Jack
Jack Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is there or will there be a way to define IP Address as STATIC along with port manipulation? I am new to this Flex technology and perhaps there is an easy way to accomplish this that I missed.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There is not a way to set the IP address manually for the radio. We have a pending feature request for it, but it has not risen to the top of the priority list. In regards to the port numbers, we will probably need to manage those entirely inside the software and not make them user configurable to ensure that other client components that attach to the radio will continue to work properly.
  • Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Tim, Static IP would be a real boost here. I know there are so many other issues that have to take a front seat to that one. I presume that the Setup Program will just keep getting more and more tabs and choices as we go. I just got on the air last night with my 6700 and am excited about the future delivery of DAX! Will there ever be a browser based access to the radio? I am wondering how you guys plan to code it to be accessed from the WEB? Through the present SmartSDR APP? Thanks for taking time to answer! Jack NN5F
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    At the risk of teaching you to **** eggs. If you are connecting the radio to a network via a router then you can assign a sort of fixed IP by using DHCP leasing for a MAC address. Here is a thread with the details. http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/how_to_determine_radios_ip_address_and_udp_tcp_ports_needed
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    DHCP is a wonderful network tool.
  • Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the leg up! It worked fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.