Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Startup of a 6600M very very frustrating

Ross Biggar
Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am very very frustrated with my 6600M, how do I get it to start up to 2 monitors, (which are connected to a PC). everytime I start the 6600M it defaults to the small "useless" screen, not to the monitors.
Starting SSDR just brings up the Smartlink banner. I have tried checking and unchecking the box in the gear at the bottom of the Smartlink banner but with no effect.

I much prefer my 6700 and the 6600 to the 6600M..

Help please to solve the start up problem.

Regards
Ross
ZL1WN

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited May 2020
    You set up the external monitor from the front panel of the m model radios. There is a section in the Users guide for the m model radios ( download from FRS) on how to set it up.
    James
    WD5GWY Just reread your post. The external monitor has to be connected directly to the radio through the HDMI port on the rear of the radio. Not to your PC.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2020
    Hi Ross

How many radios do you have on your network?  I thought I had read that you have 2?

As for the useless screen you are referencing, so you mean the radio chooser screen?

You can try this as well:

You can do this with a parameter added to the shortcut that starts SmartSDR.  

Add "--serial=nnnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn" to the end of the Target line of your shortcut (right click -> Properties) and fill in your serial number for the nnnn's.

Here is mine:  "C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v3.1.11SmartSDR.exe" --serial=xxxx-xxxx-6601-xxxx  (again, replace the x's with your serial number)

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.