Stacks for Flex

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
Noticed that when I use Stacks for flex and I have "active radio slice enable tx" enabled when I switch bands the TX select will switch from band to band real fast and relays start clacking inside the rig like it don't know what slice is supposed to be active. As soon as I end program the issue is gone.

Anyone else notice this anomaly??
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3002 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
That is interesting, sounds like another thing for the author off Frstacks needs to look into?
Steve, how did you make out not being able to buy a radio? have been wondering
(Edited)
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
I purchased a 2 month old one from a ham that purchased 2. Did warranty transfer and all OK. I was well taken care of by Flex.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
Only thing I notice with the 6400 is the receive is quieter than the 6300 but for some reason when I shut down computer or maestro or switch from 1 to the other the volume goes full blast.
(Edited)
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3002 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
Good to hear, hmmm, must be something telling the sound to go up, a program? maybe persistance?
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 579 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
No.  I've been using FRStack since it first came out and have never had an issue with it, although I don't normally use that option.  When I just tried it, I get a single click as I change panadaptors, which would be expected as the radio enables transmit on the new slice and adjusts the ATU accordingly.
(Edited)
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
The way it is happening to me is I have both slice a & b on 40 meters. I'll have transmit on slice b. when I switch slice b to a different band it will go crazy like it does not know which slice is supposed to be active transmit.
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 406 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
I have had this scanning issue happen to me in the past and in my situation it only happened when using it along with the K9DUR MONITOR APP. My conclusion was they worked fine togeather on an identical pc so it must have been something with that particular pc.
(Edited)
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
Funny thing is that it NEVER happened with my 6300
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 135 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
This is most likely the interaction between two FlexAPI clients. Try running only SSDR and FRStack on the PC. Have no other programs running. See if the issue persists. If it does not then you have to find the other client that creates this scenario. If it does then contact me directly via the Help menu link in FRStack. I will need to know version numbers of all the software you are running.
(Edited)
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
It seems to be an issue with running FR Stack and k9dur memory manager. When I close memory manager all is fine
Fr Stack 2.2.8.11Memory Manager 3.2.1
Photo of Mark - W3II

Mark - W3II

• 135 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
What version of SmartSDR? 
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 640 Posts
  • 195 Reply Likes
Latest