Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSTV with the Flex Radio 6700

Hi

Can anyone recommend a SSTV decoding software package that integrates easily with the SmartSDR for the Flex 6700?  I am using HDR for PSK31 so maybe there is a plugin for SSTV?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all, 73's , M0NAG 

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I use MMSSTV with my 6700.  It was fairly easy to set up.  The program is free.  You can find it here:  http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php

• Marv
    Marv Member
    edited December 2019
    If you really want to see some great photo's,  I would highly recommend EasyPal.  It will give you digital pictures in HD. You can use DAX for the transmit and receive functions. Just put EasyPal into your search engine for download.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have used both MMSSTV and EasyPAL.  

MMSSTV sends standard analog SSTV using DAX Channels as you would a sound card.  It is fairly easy to set up and works well,

EasyPAL sends digital format pictures and file transfers.  Pretty slick!  It also has a "hybrid mode"  that sends a URL Link to a place on the internet that downloads the picture.  It is neat, and fast, but you aren't really sending the picture, only a computer address.  

These two seem to be pretty much the standard that I have encountered, though I haven't done a lot lately - I have gotten into too many other things in the hobby lately.

Ken - NM9P
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    MMSSTV or Multipsk offer the most SSTV modes for standard operations, then Easypal for digital transfers. . I assume that when you say you use "HRD" for PSK31, you mean you are using DM780 for SSTV and HRD for PTT. Setting up MMSSTV or Multipsk is essentially the same. You would configure audio paths for DAX. 
    Andy K3UK

• Nicholas Parry
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the answer, it all very helpful information. Once the children's toys are out of the way I can start playing with my new toy, Flex 6700. If I using a com 5 port with HRD would I need to create a new com port for an sstv software? I guess this would only be nessary if I wanted to use HDR and MMSSTV simultaneously? Kind regards, m0nag
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Personally, I have found it best to have a separate COM port for each program. Enjoy the toy. Merry Christmas.
  • neil fellingham
    edited December 2015

If you are using HRD the  digital data program DM780 that is part of HRD has a very capable sstv rx and tx, look along the row of options at top DM780 at around 7th option you should see sstv, click on the sstv option, when the  selection box appears click on DISPLAY not MMSTV and the SSTV decode encode screen appears. It is very user friendly.

Best regards, Neil, M0WNF

• Buford, W4HVW
    Buford, W4HVW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Are you currently running easypal? Which radio do you have. I used to run easypal into a TENTEC Orion with good results.With the .6300 the power meter and swr meter are very erratic. Signal looks fine on the screen.  Don"t know i"m getting out and what condition. Receive is great.
  • i Just can't seem to get it setup to work on my 6700

• i Just can't seem to get it setup to work on my 6700

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.