Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 1.2 - WOW!

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just watched the SSDR 1.2 YouTube video. Oh. My. Gawd. Beautiful. Looking forward to playing with it soon.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Could you supply the URL so the rest of us can enjoy it?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Looking great!

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Still Hoping to see CW Skimmer at the bottom some day.....That would be a game changer!

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Very happy to see the panafall coming earlier rather than later.  This is going to be very helpful for contests...would have been nice for WPX last weekend!!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes! I watched it last night and am very excited. Nicely done!
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Nice, love it!
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016

This is really a game changer!

WOW...I like what I saw... THANKS

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    looking forward for this
  • Thom Baxter
    Thom Baxter Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Way to go,  I'm really looking forward to it!  Any idea of possible release date to the public?
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Version 1.2 is scheduled to be released at the end of this month!
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Absolutely incredible with the waterfall!  I had never looked back when I made the original purchase and this update along with everything else that has been done previously just reinforced my original decision.  Keep em coming FRS, keep em coming!!
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    This looks GREAT.  My Radio with all the Knobs can not do this...   FLEX  GREAT JOB.
    Bill W4EY
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited November 2016
    Matt:
    Will this Waterfall replace the DM-780 or FlDigi external software. The waterfall looks great but will we be able to select Digital or RTTY without external software??
    Bill  W4EY
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    "Not all features are available on all models" has me slightly worried with my 6500....
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    The 6500 does not have as much processing power in the CPU, DSP and FPGA as does the 6700.  Therefore the 6700 has more signal processing capability.  The 6700 is also the equivalent of two 6500s in that it has two full performance independent direct sampling receive signal chains.  This will allow features that are not possible on a 6500.  The 6700 also does 2m IF along with some other hardware differences.  You simply can't expect the 6500 to do everything that a 6700 can do - otherwise they would cost the same.
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    So by that comment I assume it won't be available on the 6500 which I can live without, as the radio stands and have wrote about elsewhere it has allowed me to hear and work stations in countries I have never heard before let alone make contact with so am happy as it is. :-)
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018

FLEX:

Will this new SDR 1.2 Waterfall replace the DM-780 or FlDigi external Digital software?

This waterfall looks great but will we be able to select Digital on one slice and RTTY on another slice without using HRD/Fldigi external software??
    Bill  W4EY

• Gerald-K5SDR
    edited April 2014
    Waterfall will be on both models but the 6700 will have a couple more zoom levels than the 6500.  This is because we have more resources in the FPGA on the 6700.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited April 2014
    Bill you can certainly use multiple slices different external digital software through DAX.  You do have to use external software for decoding.   
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited November 2016

Gerald:

Thanks. When using external digital software (i.e. DM780 or Fldigi) will a frequency selected on the external waterfall conflict with the new FLEX waterfall frequency?  Conflict such as the Frequency selected on the FLEX vs the Frequency selected on the external waterfall...Example: I tune the Flex to 14.070.00 for Digital or RTTY and then can operate using the external waterfall frequency at other 14.070.000 and up selected frequencies. When SDR 1.2 is released we will have a new FLEX waterfall and the external application waterfall. Will there be a operating frequency conflict??

Bill

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Even if Flex integrates some digital modes such as RTTY and DV Voice, I would always continue to use external software because there are hundreds of modes and these developers who are working on these modes can make tweaks every day because that is all they are doing. I think we are better off allowing most digital modes in the hands of third party developers. Microsoft and Apple both have great operating systems, and they each supply a working browser, but I prefer to use a third-party browser from developers who can better concentrate on making a great browser.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited April 2014
    There should not be a conflict but Tim can answer better than me.  They should be synchronized through CAT.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited April 2014
    Robert, this is our opinion as well.  Anything that it integrated in the digital world will fall behind what you can get through thrid-party applications.  We really want them ultimately to write their software to our API so that it works seamlessly without the need for CAT or DAX.  That is the way it should be done.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    What Bill is speaking of is digital mode click tune frequency offsets to compensate for the ASFK audio offset. This feature will probably be included in the set of feature included when we enhance digital mode operation. That is currently not scheduled in the SmartSDR v1.2 release. You can however click tune on the waterfall display just like you can on the Panadapter to tune signals.
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited November 2016
    Tim:
    Thanks. That answers my question.
    Bill W4EY
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I totally agree. But I have found other software authors may not be so willing. I talked with Laurent of TRXMgr and he was willing...I put him in touch with Steve and Lorie who sent him the info packet. He reviewed and signed it then there was something else to sign....he gave up. He has never seen so much legal mumble jumble just to support a radio. Its a shame too because he does great work. I also got a response from one of the N1MM team members who is working on rig support in the re-write. His response was what will the API allow him to do that a CAT interface won't. So it looks like no support their either. 73 Greg AB7R
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Sounds good Gerald, tnx's for the update :-)
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    We've been inundated with requests and response to the requests has been varied.  For some folks, we've been very quick and had them the info and had the whole process done in just a couple of days and for others, their paperwork has shown up when we were very busy and it's taken longer to get back to them.  We really are trying our best to try and get the details in everyone's hands.  

From a support perspective, we have an area in this community for the API and we are responding quickly to developers here and we are also addressing questions as they come to us directly, although we often encourage folks to bring the conversation to the community where everyone can see the question and answers.   

If you know of someone that feels like they are not getting info from us, please have them contact me and I'll help them. 
  • Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited June 2020
    Looks great.  Lovely color.  I'm just not sure exactly what functionality it provides.  I'm assuming its easier to see signals across a waterfall rather than trying to pick them out of a panadapter.  Are there any other benefits that I'm just not seeing or understanding here?  Don't get me wrong, I love what is being done with SmartSDR. 

Can someone from Flex tell us what FIXES have been addressed in v1.2

Norm - KL7RS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.