Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR V3 Pros and Cons

124»

Answers

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    John I had a similar positive upgrade experience. I personally do like the new TX Band Settings, having different amps for different bands and is quite welcome for my various operating conditions

Regarding the profile issue(s), it was officially addressed in the thread: Profiles with V3

Briefly summarized below:

Global Profiles and Persistence: "we have a fix for this that will be in the next release"
    Mic Profiles and Different Clients: "Today these are not client specific . . . entered this as issue #738"

Right on top of things, good work!

• W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This fix you are talking about is ONLY for the Maestro. ->> "We do have a bug where Maestro via SmartLink will always revert to defaults (we have a fix for this that will be in the next release)."

Please post complete information and not mis-inform the community with wrong information. This still does not address the problem with smartsdr automatically saving profiles....
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    As stated I provided a BRIEF SUMMARY with the link to the official response. Geez, just click the bloody link so to read the full response. I suppose if I posted the full response I'd be criticized for that.
    Point is their post obviously (at least to me) is that they are well aware of the issue and are addressing it and already have a fix for at least one the issues. Can't you see anything positive from that? I surely do, they listened to an issue that slipped by testing, and they acknowledged it and are addressing it. Again, good work guys.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Many would not bother to read the entire post.  Just posting what you did would give the impression that there was a fix coming for this profile saving issue.  Just be clear when you post facts.  Too many just skim over a post and take away the wrong details.  Happens way too often. 
  • Sam Leach
    Sam Leach Member
    edited May 2019

Pros:  None observed

Cons:

Profiles do not graciously survive 2.4.9 / 3.0 upgrade and return … If that is likely in your application, expect to be constantly fixing your 2.4.9 profiles.

Most people who like multi-op seem to be the operator of both "sites" or radios, e.g., using SSDR and Maestro concurrently for their own use.  It is of little use for radio sharing between two hams both of which may chance to get into a separate (and non-contest) QSO

Contesters are (very likely) a very small percentage of the user base.  The primary feature of this mod seems to be aimed at them.

At present, between windows and SSDR, I find myself doing more troubleshooting than I'd like to keep two radios, controlled by two operators on three different computers running.

"v3.0 included" caused me to by a "previously loved" 6500 (my fourth Flex radio).  The 6500 will serve us well but, had I worked with a mix of 2.4.9 and 3.0 before, "v3.0 included" would have not served as an incentive.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.