Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ssdr v2.3.9 speaker disabled

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When running ssdr for windows and selecting pc audio there is no audio out from the 6400M speaker even though under radio setting tab the 6400M speaker is enabled. However I still get headset volume from the headset plugged into the radio when its also enabled. I dont understand this as I thought in v2.2.8 the speaker on the radio worked as it should when it was enabled while using ssdr for windows with pc audio. If its set on enabled it should be enabled and work regardless of what the software is doing its a hardware function. So to me this is a created problem that wasnt a problem before.

Answers

• Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I don't understand your problem. You can hear speakers from the headphones, the radio speaker or the PC Speaker if I understand you correctly. So where is the problem?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    It is working as intended, when you press PC audio the audio is routed to the PC, this is mostly used for remote. It starts the remote audio as it shuts off the radio audio.
  • WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited March 2020
    Wayne - It works fine here; if you click the "PC Audio" button, then hover over the button it will identify the sound device. Software user's guide v2.1.32 page.77 of 207. As you probably know you can also mute each device by clicking the speaker or headphone icons. There's also a HelpDesk reference article here on configuring default Windows sound devices. Good for me because I can only keep about 10 plates spinning at the same time.....Good luck !
    73 Jim, WQ2H

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The issue is the software does not do what the manual states it does.
    Page 68 of ssdr for windows manual v2.3.8 dated july 5th 2018.
    I quote "Clicking on PC Audio button located ..... enables streaming of slice audio from the radio to your computers default playback device (speakers or headphone) No where does it say it shuts off your radio speaker, in fact the radio speaker should continue to function as normal if enabled in addition to the audio being streamed to your default computer sound device unless you specifically disable the radio speaker by changing it from enabled to disabled.

Currently the radio speaker is disabled by the program while the actual radio speaker setting indicates the speaker is enabled. The radio connected headphones still work when they are set to enabled so the radio speaker should also continue to work when set to enabled.

If the ssdr for windows shows front speaker enabled from the radio then the front speaker of the radio should be working until such time that the ssdr operator disables it. Thats the way it worked before, I mean if the ssdr for windows operator wants to disable the radio front speaker all he has to do is take his little mousey and click the radio speaker enabled button to disable it. Software should never overide hardware settings then report that the hardware setting is different from what is expected.
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Wayne,

This is the way SmartSDR has always worked since it was first released.  The manual says it routes the audio to the default PC device (which it does), but it does not state that the audio will continue to emanate from the radio's speaker.  This even happens on non "M" or pre "M" models with their speaker output - it is disabled and sent to the PC speaker (although I don't believe they have a speaker enable/disable function in the radio settings menu - at lease my 6300 doesn't).
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    This was in regard to the M models I believe there was a lot of discussion about this in the past since the speaker actually had to be disabled manually if you didnt want it on. Doesnt really matter but I didnt even see the screen in the manual for the front speaker enable any more either but I could have missed it. I dont really use ssdr for windows hardly anyway maybe thats why I noticed it. I just wish there was another way to back up profiles then I wouldnt have to use ssdr for windows at all. it is nice that I dont have to use ssdr for windows to use dax and cat though, I like that.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Wayne
    The screen you couldn't find, is in the current, Maestro User Guide, section 30.6 Audio Tab, on page 134.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
     Wayne, remember as I said above, the reason it is set that way is for remote. If I take my laptop away from the house and connect using Smart Link, as soon as I connect with the laptop the Pc audio is already selected so the laptop has the radio audio, and the audio to my speakers back at home are shut off.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yep thats what the speaker disbled button is for it works in remote also with a mousey click.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ok, so looks like this has been explained...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.