Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR V1.5.0 - No Panadapter Signals

Options
Hunter - K3IE
Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can't figure this one out on my own so I have decided to call in the smart guys.

Uninstalled SSDR V1.4.16 and then installed SSDR V1.5.0

Flex 6300 is receiving audio but no sigs in the panadapter.  Performed a reset of the 6300 and problem persists.  Thought problem might be unique to V1.5.0 so I tried to revert back to V1.4.16 but problem persists - no sigs in pandapter.

Using Win 7.

Problem something simple that I am just missing.  Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you - Hunter K3IE

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you haven't selected a receiver slice. Hit the "+" in the lower left corner.
  • Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
     Thanks Jim.  Actually, I do have an active slice open "A".  Audio is being received but no signal in the panadapter.

Also, the S-meter is non-responsive

.image

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    What happens if you add another slice?
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can't remember and I don't have acces to my rig, but under the Display settings is there a way to turn the update rate to 0?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Are you viewing the rig remotely on a different LAN?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The signal sometimes is below the bottom of the screen.you,perhaps,have already done this but bring the mouse over the right hand side of the pan, mouse down and slide the window up.
  • Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Using the same LAN.  All was working well until I updated to V1.5.0

Here is a pic with (2) slices and I did move the mouse over the right hand side of the pan and slid the window up.  Strange that I can't recover through reverting back to V1.4.16

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

When this problem gets resolved hope you will post what the problem is. Sure is strange that it appears one version "destroyed" an earlier version.

Jim, K6QE

• Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Will do Jim - thanks for trying.

- Hunter.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

Just doesn't make sense. Perhaps removing all power to the radio and instituting a hard reset and a new reload would help. I am just making stabs in the dark.

Jim

• Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Update - reverted back to V1.4.16.

just tried another reset.  After resetting the 6300, the panadapter still did not work.  I then shut the radio off and disconnected the P/S and waited a minute.  I reconnected the P/S and turned the 6300 back on - Voila - the panadapter is now working agiain.

I have no idea why this worked but thank goodness - I can now get back to chasing the TX3X without being blind.  I just don't know how I worked all that DX split over the years without this panadapter :)

I think I will wait till they have a new update to V1.5.0 before trying that again.

Thanks to all - Hunter K3IE
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

In my opinion (which doesn't amount to much) I think it would be better to reload 1.5 so you can add to Flex's data of problems to the 6300. The more input they can get, the better it might be for all.

Jim

• Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good point Jim - will do.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hunter - If you can tune the slice, then the issue is most likely a third-party security program is blocking the VITA-49 data from the radio.  If you have any of these programs loaded, disable them to test this theory.
  • Hunter - K3IE
    Hunter - K3IE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just wanted to update the group that the problem is solved.  Dudley suggested to me, as Tim also did above, that my 3rd Party Security Software could be the culprit.  I turned my anti-virus/firewall off and V1.5.1 is working well.  Note to self on this one.

Glad it was something simple.

Very much appreciate your help and your patience - Hunter K3IE

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks for the update! We are so lucky to have not only a great radio, but great support.

Jim, K6QE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.