Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR v1.4 remote on Macbook Air - no radio

George - AB4FH
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
SSDR v1.4 works great on my PC desktop. I'm trying to run it on my Macbook Air laptop under Parallels and Win 7.1.    After installation, when I start up SSDR v1.4 on the MBA, I don't see a radio to connect to.  I'm sure it has to do with some setting, possibly in Sharing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    George, make sure Parallels windoze is setup to have the same IP address or at least be on the same subnet. You do not want NAT you want it setup as Bridge.

Under Windoze go to the command prompt and type ipconfig and see what IP address the windoze vm has assigned.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    In order for the software to see the radio all the data on both sides of the NIC (internet) interface have to echo all data (as in UDP packets). It is not uncommon for UDP packets to not be shared on both sides of such an interface. Do you get any IP address on the SmartSDR software as it starts to load?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Is your Parallels LAN connection set to "Bridged?" And is your MBA on the same LAN segment as your rig? Rig must be on the LAN, not directly connected to a PC.
  • George - AB4FH
    edited March 2015
    Lee, 
    The subnet mask is the same for the desktop and the MBA (255.255.255.0).   However, the IPv4 address on the desktop is 10.0.2.27  whereas on the MBA it is
    10.211.55.3.  The gateways are, respectively, 10.0.2.1  and 10.211.55.1
  • George - AB4FH
    edited March 2015
    Michael,
    I only get the Radio Setup screen with no radio and everything grayed out.

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ok that is the problem. The IP for the VM has to be on the same range of ip addresses. In other words if the Mac is 10.21.55.3 then the Windows machine has to be 10.21.55.X.  Check to make sure your settings for network under Parallels is set to Bridged.

• George - AB4FH
    edited March 2015
    George,
    Thanks for the help.  First, the rig is connected to the router, not the PC.  But, the
    tip to check the Parallels LAN connection to Bridged WiFi was the problem.  It was set on shared network.  

In other words, I have SSDR running on the MBA.  Thanks again to you, Michael and Lee.
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Great News !

Us Mac guys have to stick together. Its bad enough SSDR is windows only. hehe
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    @George

I will be putting SSDR V1.4 on a MBA tonite - figure it's rather straightforward under Parallels

The next issue will be to figure out a VPN - so the MBA can run WAN
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    George, I am having a similiar problem with same setup.  I have network1 set to default adaper bridged and bridged network set to default adapter. should the last one be set to wi-fi?    Maybe that is my problem?
  • George - AB4FH
    edited March 2015
    Yes, Reggie, that's what worked for me.
  • George - AB4FH
    edited March 2015
    @Howard Did you get the newest MBA? That would be wicked @ under 2 lbs. Mine is the 13 inch with i7 1.7 GHz and 512 GB SSD.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    No... just the 11" that I "Borrowed" from the XYL for my experiment

I am still mostly a PC/ iOS guy - MAC is something I only use when the XYL needs help
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I am running a MBA 11" Macbook with parallels. No problems....yet!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.